Guelph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OSJ

Michigan State CVM 2012
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get a letter from Guelph today about interviews? I got one today and it sounds like I am being invited to an interview but it's hard to understand. It says I will be receiving interview dates in early March and when I come for my interview I will get a college tour...etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you applying from?

Domestic applicants don't even submit their stuff until...May. Interviews aren't until July. So I am guessing you are applying as an international student?

Anyway, sorry, can't help you much :S

Actually - had an idea.

Why don't you try to contact Elizabeth Lowenger if you are not clear? She is the OVC Admissions Officer or something like that...

[email protected]
519-824-4120 x54430

Good luck!! The University of Guelph is AWESOME, you will love it!! (I am doing my undergrad here :D)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I am applying as an international applicant. It looks like from their website http://www.ovc.uoguelph.ca/admissions/dvm/documents/DVMF07Statistics.pdf
that not many international applicants apply? Unless I am reading this wrong, it looks like 16 applied, 7 were interviewed and 3 accepted. I thought alot more would apply because I have heard really good things about the school.

i got the letter too and was confused too, but it sure does sound like they are planning on interviewing us. Let me know what you find out!

I think a lot of Americans don't apply specifically because they say they only accept 5 internationals-which means us and the rest of the world, which leaves us pretty slim chances. but if you don't try, you'll never have the chance now would ya? good luck OSJ. maybe i'll see you at Guelph in the spring! woot!

oh-ps-please let me know what they say if/when you call......;)

I guess if only 16 apply, 5 isn't bad! It does sound like they are planning on interviewing us though (yay!) :D Why else would they say they will be sending us dates and when we come to our interview...
There were no "ifs" in there! :)

I think pigsfoot is right about why so few apply. Also, from my understanding, it is $$$ for international students!! Compared to what Ontario residents pay, anyway. I'm not sure how that compares to any US school.

It is a very good school - not sure really how they measure that but first (and most importantly, lol) of all U of G has the BEST food of any Canadian school.

Possibly more relevant to vet school - I believe the pass rate for NAVLEs is something like 98%. (It was funny when the people from Grenada came to talk to us about why that school is so great - they were like, we have a pass rate of ~95%, which is better than the rest of the US...then someone pointed out that Guelph's pass rate was even higher than theirs, lol).