Great Private Practice gig NE community hospital: Warwick, NY <40 hrs/week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scotty_G

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been a member for awhile and want to pass on the good vibes that still exist in our field. My group has an opening for an MD/DO. We are a small private practice group in community hospital. We have 5 mds and 2 crnas. One of the MD's has left and we need to fill a position. This job is one of those unicorn jobs that still exist. It's B n B, no trauma, cardiac, neuro, minimal vascular. We do OB but it is about 300 deliveries a year and low risk aka very small amount. Hours are great especially for the NE. (less than 40 hours a week and we take home call) Position can be employee or partnership track depending on what you want. I am the youngest partner of the group but all of us are <50 years old so if worried about selling out don't be. The area is in the hudson valley about 65 miles northwest of NYC in a small town called Warwick. It is not the surburbs, but very beautiful with enough things to do. If you need more amenities you can get down to NJ where it is surburbia/shopping hell IMO in 30 minutes. Private message me for more details and we can discuss on phone. I have been helped by many attns on this forum so I would like to pay it forward.

Thanks,
Scott

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Bump...I am surprised all of you NY/NJ/CT people are not interested. Surely this job is better than 90% of jobs in our NE market :)

Reactions: 1 user
No trauma, but yes cardiac neuro and vascular right?
If I am staying around this part of the world I may hit you up. There is love, but I don’t think anyone would move for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Hudson Valley is beautiful but for practical purposes, 65miles might as well be 300. Might as well be the Poconos.

Reactions: 1 users
The Hudson Valley is beautiful but for practical purposes, 65miles might as well be 300. Might as well be the Poconos.

This cannot be stressed enough! I do question how a west coast guy knows so much about the Hudson valley!

For reference, I came from a place where one can travel 65 miles in under an hour. But in the Hudson valley 65 miles is about 1.5 hours of travel time. The amount of people going 40 miles per hour on the highway is homicide inducing. Add in the snow and the depression inducing weather, the Poconos is pretty spot on.

Exact same problem with the IE here in SoCal.

Reactions: 1 user
There is no cardiac, nor neuro or trauma come on it's a community hospital lol. Listen living in a big city sux imho. Hudson valley is big yes but we arne't that far from the tristate. In fact many NYFD and NYPD all live around our area. They commute too. Use Dr. google...You can get to the GW bridge in an hour from where I live/work. If one wants to live in a big area/city then you take the good and bad. The jobs are not as good in general except for the rare exceptions.

This cannot be stressed enough! I do question how a west coast guy knows so much about the Hudson valley!

Medschool+internship in NYC. I had friends who lived in Kingston, Hopewell Junction and Poughkeepsie. Got up there a few times. All beautiful areas especially in the fall.

Kingston and Poughkeepsie are an hour northeast of me:)

Bump...I am surprised all of you NY/NJ/CT people are not interested. Surely this job is better than 90% of jobs in our NE market :)

Kingston and Poughkeepsie are an hour northeast of me:)

If you want people flocking to you, what is the harm in giving more details on the pay?

The interesting thing is that you think mentioning kingston or poughkeepsie is gonna make it sound MORE attractive??

• Hmm
  • Haha