Great plant/fungi resource (Facebook based)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El Trombopag

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to get the word out to providers, other interested parties. This is an outstanding resource for quick IDs for potential poisonings from plants and fungi.
A panel of true expert identifiers is notified with each ‘case’. I can personally vouch for the mushroom identifiers - some of the best in the field.

They attempt to keep non-vetted people from commenting until the ID is verified. There are some Facebook limitations on that, but it’s working pretty well.

We had a recent mushroom ‘poisoning’ in our ER, the doc was in contact with poison control and a local mycological society. It took way too long for an ‘expert identifier’ to call. This group had the answer in less than 15 minutes.

Another tool in the arsenal in any case:

Members don't see this ad.

Back in 2007, I had the "state mycologist" in South Carolina on the phone, in less than 10 minutes, on a Sunday night. He helped me GREATLY. And, I learned, "don't eat a mushroom out of your front yard, even if your girlfriend gives it to you".