GRE/app question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ben_loper

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, my scores after taking the GRE once and making a huge time management error is 570 verb, and 640 quant, and 5.5 writing. My question is, should I continue to make excuses and try to take it over, or just roll with it? It's not that bad is it? Secondly, in my app, the one I didn't mess time up with was the writing, and I got in the highest score bracket. Should I try to maybe draw some attention to that, and if so; how? Thanks so much ~ Lope

Members don't see this ad.

Ben,

I'd vote for "roll with it". I don't think you should call attention to any part of your GRE score in your personal statement -- your scores are fine and it's really just not that important relative to other parts of your application. Focus on your interest in public health, your career goals, any formative public health experience, etc. Put your excellent writing skills to work for you there! Good luck!

namazu said:
Ben,

I'd vote for "roll with it". I don't think you should call attention to any part of your GRE score in your personal statement -- your scores are fine and it's really just not that important relative to other parts of your application. Focus on your interest in public health, your career goals, any formative public health experience, etc. Put your excellent writing skills to work for you there! Good luck!

Thanks, hopefully I'll get accepted, then can share some recent admission knowledge with those on the message board craving it, lol. Thanks again, Lope

Yeah, it's good to be looking back from the other side... ;)

You get in and *then* they give the "what we look for in applicants" brown-bag lunch....