gre - after deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lechatton

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

i have a quick question.
so i took the gre a couple of weeks ago (after the deadline for most of my schools, except lsu and upei),and scored a 780 on the quant and 640 on the verbal. I submitted this score to all my schools (including upenn and tufts), even though it's after their deadline.

My question is: do you think upenn and tufts will look at this score, even if it's after the deadline? my initial scores were medicore, at best, but i really hope they don't just ignore this last score.

Does anyone know?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

They will most likely ignore the last score, especially when it comes to assigning points for gre/gpa.

I asked a few of my schools if they'd accept GRE scores after the deadline, if I retook the test. They said no scores would be considered after the deadline had passed.

Maybe some schools are nicer, but I'd doubt it. If they accept one person sending in late scores that would boost their app, then everyone would want to do it, which really isn't fair.

Nice score though!

Members don't see this ad :)
According to their website, Penn takes GRE scores up to December 1st, so you should be ok there. For others, call if you're unsure

It never hurts to send them or to call and find out. Sometimes schools put the deadlines up so that most people have it in, but in fact are a little flexible about the date as long as you call them up and double check. At the very least, calling the admissions office and explaining your situation will reinforce that you are interested in their school.