Grand Theft Auto IV will make people fail out of school.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
You heard it here first. I had to tear myself away from it a few minutes ago to go to sleep. It is absolutely amazing. What *******s release a brilliant piece of work like that a few weeks before colleges give finals? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Only nerdy, yucky boys play video games. :smuggrin:

You heard it here first. I had to tear myself away from it a few minutes ago to go to sleep. It is absolutely amazing. What *******s release a brilliant piece of work like that a few weeks before colleges give finals? :laugh:

My little girl and I just beat the Disney Princess game on Wii. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
mariokart for the wii should show up on my doorstep today. just a year after I got my wii and could barely take finals last year due to my right arm/shoulder being so sore.

so. excited.

My wife and I just bought Mario Cart Wii last night. She will be checking how much time I play it every day...I am on a one hour per day limit, but time spent playing it with her doesn't count towards that limit:laugh:

I'm very glad for having that limit...if there was no limit, I would probably not get anything done for the rest of the semester.

GTA4 does look pretty amazing. The Wii was a good compromise in gaming systems for me since my wife enjoys playing it...but if I wasn't married, I would probably propose to GTA right now:hardy:

The new GTA looks awesome, I hadnt bought a video game since San Andreas but Guitar Hero managed to change that. I usually let my little brother buy all the video games and then I'll play them either with him or while he's asleep:smuggrin: Army of TWO was good.

Ahhh Mario Cart.....Causing students to fail out school for going on 12 years now ....Its a classic!

HAHA- The time frame of release has been very detrimental to my productivity.

SNES version in elm/middle school
N64 in High School/college
Wii now.

I checked the Wii and played it for like 8 hours on Sunday, not a good trend

The new GTA looks awesome, I hadnt bought a video game since San Andreas but Guitar Hero managed to change that. I usually let my little brother buy all the video games and then I'll play them either with him or while he's asleep:smuggrin: Army of TWO was good.

Personally, I was severely disappointed with Army of Two. The plot was underdeveloped and it seemed like something was missing the whole time.

Personally, I was severely disappointed with Army of Two. The plot was underdeveloped and it seemed like something was missing the whole time.

I treat movies and video games as 2 completely different species, all that matters is I enjoy playing the game, the story comes later.
If it's something completely out there though, I don't think I could really get into it.

So how much gaming time do pharmacy students usually have compared to undergrad?

Members don't see this ad :)
I myself have a problem with RPG's. I get so involved, and obsessed with the game! Not only that but I get really emotional because of the story, and often antisocial. I refrained from playing Final Fantasy 12 this quarter because once I get started I can't stop. I suppose it doesn't help that I have a very obsessive personality either. :rolleyes:

So how much gaming time do pharmacy students usually have compared to undergrad?

I have an addiction to NHL 08. I am supposed to be writing a paper on DTCA but can't peel myself away from dominating Chris Osgood's sorry a** with Mikko Koivu.

Its all about time management. You can play as much as you want as long as it fits into your time schedule (granted you actually stick to it).:thumbup::laugh:

I have an addiction to NHL 08. I am supposed to be writing a paper on DTCA but can't peel myself away from dominating Chris Osgood's sorry a** with Mikko Koivu.

Its all about time management. You can play as much as you want as long as it fits into your time schedule (granted you actually stick to it).:thumbup::laugh:

Sounds good to me, haha I can't live without video games. And when I finally pull in a pharmacist's paycheck I'm going all out with a gaming room as a reward for hard work.

If the whole squad played as brilliantly as Mikko Koivu the Wild would have beat the dastardly Avs.

Osgood doesn't stand a chance against your NHL 08 squad!

Oh, by the way UofMN....go Fighting Sioux!:cool: It's probably a good thing I decided to not go to U of MN pharm school....I would probably have gotten beaten up for wearing my Sioux jersey pretty much every day!

If the whole squad played as brilliantly as Mikko Koivu the Wild would have beat the dastardly Avs.

Osgood doesn't stand a chance against your NHL 08 squad!

Oh, by the way UofMN....go Fighting Sioux!:cool: It's probably a good thing I decided to not go to U of MN pharm school....I would probably have gotten beaten up for wearing my Sioux jersey pretty much every day!

Yea no doubt, Mikko is the ****. It's too bad Gaborik couldn't step up his game enough to do any damage that series.

Yea, I am a life long Sioux hater.... I might have been helping out with those beatings :smuggrin:

I went to NDSU for undergrad but planned on going to the U for pharm. school so I could get season tickets to gopher hockey. :D

I live in the Pittsburgh media market and all I get is Penguins, Penguins, Penguins because they are doing so well (or at least I assume...?) It's too bad I hate hockey or I'd be all excited and **** right now.

I live in the Pittsburgh media market and all I get is Penguins, Penguins, Penguins because they are doing so well (or at least I assume...?) It's too bad I hate hockey or I'd be all excited and **** right now.

Dubbya V, I am rooting for the penguins to win the playoffs in fact. it's unfortunate that you dislike hockey since it IS the best sport played in all time. You should check out Sidney Crosby. He is the next Wayne Gretzky. Thats my prediction and I'm sticking too it.

I think I'm going to hold off on GTAIV until I my finish O-Chem lab in 3 weeks. Of course... this also goes against the endless cycle of PS3 & Xbox360 ads that suggest otherwise, everytime I glance at my TV!!!

:mad:

Oh, I found this on the news today - evidently people have finally emulated the game. Enjoy.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20080429-1514-bn29videogam.html

Umm yea...I can see why they are tryin to get GTA IV off the shelves already..that "stuff" is bonkers...

Dubbya V, I am rooting for the penguins to win the playoffs in fact. it's unfortunate that you dislike hockey since it IS the best sport played in all time. You should check out Sidney Crosby. He is the next Wayne Gretzky. Thats my prediction and I'm sticking too it.

Look man, I live South of the Mason-Dixon line. I have no idea who that dude is and why being the next some other dude is such an amazing thing. I'll just take your word for it.

Tell ya what WV...buy tickets to a Pens game sometime next year (I'm sure playoff tickets are tough to come by and expensive as hell). Hockey needs to be seen live to get a true appreciation for the speed and skill of the sport (except for Derek Boogaard...aside to UofMN there:laugh:). It's far different from watching it on tv. You'll love it guaranteed (or your money back!)...even more so if you go with someone who can explain some of the rules. They really are not that complicated once explained.

Try to go to a game against the Flyers since the two teams hate each other so much...intrastate rivalry and all. You're bound to see a couple fights too. Good stuff I tell ya!

Oh, UofMN, if you had to choose between Crosby and Ovechkin, who would you take? For my money, I'd take Ovechkin every time...that guy is the most exciting player hands down, and if I'm a GM I want Vech cuz he is putting butts in the seats and getting more people to watch on tv than Crosby, and IMO is just as good if not better than Crosby.

Another aside, I got to watch the 2005 World Junior hockey championships in Grand Forks at the Ralph with possibly the greatest collection of talent of all time. Russia had Ovechkin (who was so cocky it was just ridiculous, but yet was entertaining) and Malkin, Canada had Crosby, Patrice Bergeron, Dion Phaneuf, Ryan Getzlaf, Jeff Carter, Braydon Coburn, Shea Weber, Corey Perry, Mike Richards, etc. That Canadian team was amazing...they were just unstoppable. Did you get to see any of that tourney...were you in Fargo at the time?

No way!!! Some of the best games I've ever seen have been soccer games...hands down.

Got to have you watch some Serie A (or World Cup action).

All they do is run around like a bunch of ******* pretending people pushed them down until the score is 0-0 after a seemingly arbitrary amount of time has gone by. Then they take turns kicking a ball like 50 feet from the goalkeeper dude until one team makes more than the other. I was bored out of my mind. Why so many people like it, baseball, or any other boring *** sport I will never understand.

That said, arena league football is the greatest sport ever. Every game is like 65-45 and there are walls to smash people into. From what I understand, that's part of the appeal of hockey.

That said, arena league football is the greatest sport ever. Every game is like 65-45 and there are walls to smash people into. From what I understand, that's part of the appeal of hockey.
I went on a couple of dates with an arena football player a few years ago. I wasn't impressed with him though.

That's all I know about arena football. :cool:

hockey is pretty fantastical, but i think Ovie is a MUCH better player then Cindy Crosby, although i hate to admit I do wear 87 when I play (I did not pick the number though!) I have an adversion to the city of Pittsburgh when my girlfriend was attacked by a Penguins fan at the Igloo for wearing a Sabres jersey:mad:

NHL 08 is addicting but Call Of Duty owns my *** right now.

I have an adversion to the city of Pittsburgh when my girlfriend was attacked by a Penguins fan at the Igloo for wearing a Sabres jersey.

That's just typical. Everyone from Pittsburgh is an *******. They are alcoholics who haven't moved on from the death of the steel industry. God damn Yinzers.

It's pretty painful having finals approaching knowing that in the other room is Mario Kart Wii. I've only been able to complete the 50cc races and don't have anything decent unlocked.

I'm not even allowing myself to touch GTA IV until the semester is over. Like hell am I going to repeat the time I got addicted to Elder Scroll:Oblivion while taking OChem.

That's just typical. Everyone from Pittsburgh is an *******. They are alcoholics who haven't moved on from the death of the steel industry. God damn Yinzers.

heartless I know, what is sad was that I too was sporting a jersey and no one attacked me. They must only attack women and children:rolleyes:

mariokart for wii + njac = true luv 4 ever.

that is all.

I beg to differ. I'm a girl (made of sugar and spice and everything nice, of course), and I play World of Warcraft, and I'm getting a Wii this summer. :p
It has nothing to do with male vs female. I was simply picking on WVU. We've had the video game thread before, so I wanted to put a nice jab in from the get-go.

...Why so many people like it, baseball, or any other boring *** sport I will never understand...

I am in complete agreement. Why spend so much energy watching those "popular" sports when one can simply enjoy the splendor of curling :p:confused:

sports...bleh. i wanna bring back the focus of this thread: videogames.

my grandpappy Terry was faciliator of game systems up to the N64, and my only claim to fame was that i beat Mickey's Magical Quest in a 12 hour span....w/ Game Genie's assitance of course! prior to, i knew not the slendors of smooth graphics, colorful sounds, heartstring tugging stories, and the bulk consumption of productivity. i was introduced to a wider world of gaming when i got together w/ boyfriend, and within a few years i've mingled with gamecube, xbox, ps2 and 3, psp, wii and my all time favorite...the dainty DS! cuuute! he's always trying to get me into the rpg's and FF saga, but i'm a better watcher than participant.

currently, i'm working on the final (? hope not) of the Phoenix Wright triology, Apollo: Ace Attorney. loserly law game? not really! mysteries, surprises, and delights! i believe i hear it calling...

I am in complete agreement. Why spend so much energy watching those "popular" sports when one can simply enjoy the splendor of curling :p:confused:

Curling is good for a cheap laugh at least. It's like some drunk guys on a lake wanted to come up with extreme shuffleboard or something.