Graduate school for I/O Psychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drbsanfran

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, im a senior undergrad at San Francisco State for Psychology and am thinking about going to graduate school for I/O psychology. I have a 3.55 major GPA, 3.5 San Francisco State GPA, 3.3 cumulative GPA. In interested in attending a masters program at Sonoma State, San Jose State, or Golden Gate University but am having trouble finding info on them from a non-bias source. I was hoping if any one had any info on these schools (reputation/prestige) and how prestigious they would look to an employer (I’m basically trying to go to a “degree mill” university). I looked at Siop but only came across very general info about the schools. Any Help or info would be greatly appreciated : )

Members don't see this ad.

I was hoping if any one had any info on these schools (reputation/prestige) and how prestigious they would look to an employer (I’m basically trying to go to a “degree mill” university). I looked at Siop but only came across very general info about the schools.

I don't know the schools you are mentioning. It's interesting that you are trying to combine a degree mill (bad) with prestige. Are you sure you mean degree mill?

Anyway, even if you browsed SIOP, you should try emailing the student list serve (SIOP-SDL). I don't have the info anymore, but it was really easy to find when I was trying to get information about IO programs (prior to my freshman year of college, actually). Good luck.

Wait, are you trying to go to a degree-mill university? Because that's generally not a good thing (in the eyes of an employer, that is). It's going to be hard to find non-biased info though. Have you considered talking to students from each school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to one of the CSUs. From what I hear, Golden Gate isn't that great, and it has around a 100% acceptance rate (lol).

I have a friend that just graduated from Seattle Pacific University with a degree in I/O Psych. As far as I know, SPU is one of the few schools that is accredited on the west coast. You should also check out Long Beach State.