Grades in Physics/Chemistry I & II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texasprept88

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I know this is a longshot but will any PT schools accept grades of C/D in Phys/Chem I & II if I have a 3.9 GPA (all A's in other subjects) except Phys/Chem?

Or is it recommended that I retake them? The classes offered at my institution are challenging due to the nature of the professors (and I'm not one to make excuses--tried to find the most reasonable professors available but no such luck)

However I have A's in all other core prereqs like Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Phys I & II, etc.

Please advise, I appreciate the honesty...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Honestly I got accepted into 3 physical therapy schools this cycle with 3c’s in my chemistry classes. I had a C in gen chem 1(A in the lab) C in gen chem 2 (B in the lab) and a C in organic chemistry 1 (A in 2 credit lab) and a B in organic chemistry 2(lab in progress) however my physics grades were B+ in physics 1 and A in physics 2. I have a similar situation where my physics professors at my university are extremely challenging so I took physics 2 at a local county college and every school I applied to accepted it. Moral of the story, I had C’s in 3/4 chemistry classes, A B+ in my physics 1 and A’s in all other pre-req classes and luckily it worked out! I recommend reaching out to the programs you plan on applying to and ask them! If it’s a problem, similarly I would advise to re-take them at a local county college!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Honestly I got accepted into 3 physical therapy schools this cycle with 3c’s in my chemistry classes. I had a C in gen chem 1(A in the lab) C in gen chem 2 (B in the lab) and a C in organic chemistry 1 (A in 2 credit lab) and a B in organic chemistry 2(lab in progress) however my physics grades were B+ in physics 1 and A in physics 2. I have a similar situation where my physics professors at my university are extremely challenging so I took physics 2 at a local county college and every school I applied to accepted it. Moral of the story, I had C’s in 3/4 chemistry classes, A B+ in my physics 1 and A’s in all other pre-req classes and luckily it worked out! I recommend reaching out to the programs you plan on applying to and ask them! If it’s a problem, similarly I would advise to re-take them at a local county college!

Thank you! Very reassuring

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

A C yes a D no. Also, depends on how competitive your school is. The more apps they receive the more pre-req A's/B's you should have.

Reactions: 1 users