Grad School Visits (or lack of)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Earreplaceable

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most of the schools I'm applying to are out of driving distance for me. Do I still have a chance of getting in without meeting with people? Does anyone have any past experience of being successful/not being successful without visiting the schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same place - I only have one school that is under a 10 hour drive away from me. Plus after application fees on top of being in school and working - does not leave me much of an opportunity for visits plus also having to save money to travel to schools that require an interview. It is scary and I'm hoping that it is not completely needed.

I got into Purdue without visiting or really contacting and I got in from the waitlist at Indiana University without visiting the school so it is possible. I know it is really expensive applying to schools but if there is a school that is at the top of your list, I would try your best to make an effort to go visit. Keep an eye on flights too since airlines often run specials.