Gpascore And Toefl Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowdrop

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,
CAN ANY TELL ME HOW IMPORTANT IS IT THAT THE TOEFL SCORE AND GPA AVERAGE SHOULD BE VERY HIGH?
WHAT IS THE CUT OF POINT FOR THEM?
SOME SCHOOLS NEED A MINIMUM OF 213 FOR TOEFL SCORE?
WHAT ARE THE CHANCES FOR A PERSON WHO GETS A SCORE OF 250 IN TOEFL TO GET ADMISSION? IS IT ESSENTIAL THAT WE GETA VERY GOOD SCORE ON TOEFL TO BE ACCEPTED IN TO ANY DENTAL SCHOOL? WILL A GPA AVERAGE OF 2.56 HAVE ANY SCOPE OF GETTING INTO A DENTAL SCHOOL?

INPUTS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

SNOW DROP

Members don't see this ad.

Snowdrop,

The answer is always the same for this type of question, regardless of the specific attributes that you are asking about:

Higher is better.

You cannot change your grades but you can always raise a score on a standard test such as the TOEFL or Dental Board Exam by re-taking them. I would have thought that your grades would be a major factor in the decision process before I read through most or all of the threads in this forum. But from recent posts I see that most schools care far more about your Board score than anything else. However, it appears from recently accepted candidates, that UCLA placed a pretty high importance upon gpa. So if I were a candidate with limited resources and I had a 2.56 gpa, I probably would not apply to UCLA.

Always keep in mind as you read through the postings of candidates that criteria for acceptance will probably change from one year to the next depending upon competition. Scores that were good enough for an interview offer and even an accpetance this year, may not make the cut next year if a bunch of overqualified candidates apply next year.

Scott

Thanks Scott, i appreciate your response!

snowdrop

Snowdrop, that't the entire purpose of the acceptance thread, to realize the scores and gpa's the school are looking for now. If you notice, NYU average numbers have gone up. On previous years, people with less than 80 made it to NYU, doesn't seem like it is that way anymore. Hopefully everyone will keep cooperating with that thread, so we can get the idea.....