GPA stuff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MDJatt here

ok
can anyone with a GPA of <3.7 in anyways afford to get into an Ontario med school.............???
If yes, HOW???

Members don't see this ad.

MDJatt here said:
ok
can anyone with a GPA of <3.7 in anyways afford to get into an Ontario med school.............???
If yes, HOW???

For OMSAS, having less than 3.7 GPA isn't the greatest thing. What can you do to help your chances? Well you should have well rounded extra curricular activities that you can state. This doesn't mean go out and do a bunch of things just to add to your OMSAS application. It means go out and get an idea of what being a doctor really is. So maybe get some clinical experience in a hospital. Shadow a doctor. Also, do some other things within your community. I mean for me, I really like kids. So I helped organize a summer program where kids can come into elementary schools in the summer time and play some sports or other things in the gym's of nearby elementary schools.

Also, the higher your mcat, the better your chances!

lol...I keep attempting to answer your questions. Hopefully you don't mind.

megaman1x said:
For OMSAS, having less than 3.7 GPA isn't the greatest thing. What can you do to help your chances? Well you should have well rounded extra curricular activities that you can state. This doesn't mean go out and do a bunch of things just to add to your OMSAS application. It means go out and get an idea of what being a doctor really is. So maybe get some clinical experience in a hospital. Shadow a doctor. Also, do some other things within your community. I mean for me, I really like kids. So I helped organize a summer program where kids can come into elementary schools in the summer time and play some sports or other things in the gym's of nearby elementary schools.

i like it bro, i like it
i appreciate your answers
LOKI DUNIYA CH VASDEY BATHEREY, PUNJABIAN DEE SHAAN VAKHREE
isn't that rite???......lol

Members don't see this ad :)
megaman1x said:

Actually i m jus gona start my undergrad at Mac,
so i m kinda preparing myself for all kinda challenges ahead, and the activities which i ll be doin in near future.
well, i think i still have time to waste on SDN, so getting some opinions, i think is not that bad..........wuh say!!!!

MDJatt here said:
i like it bro, i like it
i appreciate your answers
LOKI DUNIYA CH VASDEY BATHEREY, PUNJABIAN DEE SHAAN VAKHREE
isn't that rite???......lol

lol how true.

Also, your GPA is 0.0 right now. Perfectly clean slate to get awesome marks. Just do your absolute BEST to get straight A+'s. Being an Ontario resident makes your road harder in some ways compared to other students in other provinces. There is more competition there and anywhere else you are considered out-of-province.

Getting that awesome GPA will make your chances a little better and make your application that much stronger. Then again, GPA isn't going to make-or-break your acceptance. It's the complete package of EC's, GPA, MCAT, and your own personality which will make you look attractive to med schools.

megaman1x said:
lol how true.

Also, your GPA is 0.0 right now. Perfectly clean slate to get awesome marks. Just do your absolute BEST to get straight A+'s. Being an Ontario resident makes your road harder in some ways compared to other students in other provinces. There is more competition there and anywhere else you are considered out-of-province.

Getting that awesome GPA will make your chances a little better and make your application that much stronger. Then again, GPA isn't going to make-or-break your acceptance. It's the complete package of EC's, GPA, MCAT, and your own personality which will make you look attractive to med schools.
well.........not to boast offf.............lol...........but my looks are attractive
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MDJatt here said:
well.........not to boast offf.............lol...........but my looks are attractive
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well hopefully the panel who interviews you are all filled with females who are sexually attracted to you that they get so distracted by your appearance, that they just mark down everything as perfect ;)

Daemos said:
Well hopefully the panel who interviews you are all filled with females who are sexually attracted to you that they get so distracted by your appearance, that they just mark down everything as perfect ;)
yea rite..............hope that happens.........lol