gpa/LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emgirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have taken courses at a bunch of diff schools (after a few years of post-bac), would it be ok to calculate all your classes (BCPM, overall, etc) according to the AMCAS grade chart and give the final gpas to your LOR writers with your personal statement, resume, etc- instead of giving them like 6 transcripts to wade through? Just trying to simplify this process (and avoid having to order a ton of transcripts)

Members don't see this ad.

emgirl said:
If you have taken courses at a bunch of diff schools (after a few years of post-bac), would it be ok to calculate all your classes (BCPM, overall, etc) according to the AMCAS grade chart and give the final gpas to your LOR writers with your personal statement, resume, etc- instead of giving them like 6 transcripts to wade through? Just trying to simplify this process (and avoid having to order a ton of transcripts)

i took a couple years off after graduating from undergrad, took a year's worth of classes at a nearby university. i got most of my recs from the profs who i took the postbac classes with and they only wanted the list of classes (or unofficial transcripts) i took at the nearby school/postbac year. i made a list of my gpa (for example, undergrad gpa, post bac gpa) so that it was easier to show them what i wanted them to write in the letter (ie. upward trend..that was my issue).

i dont know if your profs wants official transcripts, an unofficial printout should do for most. and then just give them the breakdown.

hope this helps