Gotta Take the NABPLEX Again...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loo

Always Sleepy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nope...didn't fail it. I need to be licensed in Florida and they won't reciprocate with board scores > 12 years old.

Anybody (licensed RPh's) been in the same boat?

Can anyone suggest credible comprehensive review/study guides for the NABPLEX? I checked out NABP's website--not particularly helpful.

I do a lot of CE (licensed in 4 states), but this old bird needs to pass with flying colors!!!

Thanks in advance for your help...

Members don't see this ad.

:confused:I too would like to get licensed in Florida. Its been > 12 years since I took NABPLEX. I have been in retail forever. I would appreciate talking to anyone with study advice or that is attempting or accomplished this. stm.

I graduated from pharmacy school 18 years ago. My husband got a job transfer to Florida. I am taking the Naplex on Feb 13. I am studying the Morris-Cody review and APHA. I live in Boca Raton.

Best of luck on Feb 13th. How long have you been studying? I just started & havn't got a test date yet. stm

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, i took naplex recently..and did pretty ok..APha and Morris Cody are good resources..Make sure you know the calculations well. I had about 20-30 calculation questions..hope that helps
By the way, if you have any recommendations on studying for Florida law, let me know..taking it in a month!!!

Naplexed---How were the kinetics problems? The Florida law exam is random. At one point I thought the test people had loaded in the wrong exam. I got lucky and passed.

Now I have to focus on the NAPLEX. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Am in the same boat as you guys ,but with me it is other way around.I moved from FL to MN after practicing as RPH for 5 yrs,and they don't reciprocate so I had to retake my NAPLEX.
Honestly I did not study that much I have 2 kids I only prepared for 10days and took my NAPLEX on 2/19 and the law on 2/26/08.I must say it was hard for me considering it has been a while since I left school and I did not prepare that much.But there are lots of books to study from: morris cody, APHA, KAPLAN, most important Appleton and Lange.I had some notes from 2006 grads who took the NAPLEX but none of that was on the new NAPLEX I guess I wasted my time reading through them.NO kinetics problems,lot of calculation but most of them are for rate of flow I thought they were easy.Know your brand/generic with me my reatail experience did not help since i got lots of biological drugs on my exam which I rarely dispensed in my setting.ANd also know your dosage forms that was a bumper for me as well because for each question they had injectable as an option if you dont work in clinical setting you might not be familiar with all of them.
No HIV or Cancer questions.Lot of clinical/lab questions :what you need to monitor for such drug :hepatic tx ,renal...etc I felt those were difficulrt may be coz I did not prepare well enough.
About the MPJE for FL you can go to FL department of health website ,section of quality control and there is a link for FL pharmacy statues just print that...and also study federal pharmacy law
good luck
any one who got their result please share how long did it take.
FOr me i still have not received mine.

Hi....

I need to retake NAPLEX to get my license before my move to Florida.
I graduated wayyyy back in 1980, worked 2 years in retail and left pharmacy entirely until 5 years ago.
I work for Rite Aid as a floater (I really enjoy pharmacy now as before it was way boring and I quit) live in NYC but want to move to Florida.

As you might know... working retail has nothing to do with NAPLEX and all it entails. I am basically an insurance adjuster, getting peoples cards to work and explaining certain meds are not covered and limited days supply, refills, higher co-payments etc. And also do work in crowd control :)

As I said.. nothing to do with NAPLEX, which I have to retake as reciprocity is not allowed for Florida :(

My question is as well...

What to study ?

I read a lot about ProntoPass and read their yahoo chatroom listings.

I know relatively nothing anymore about meds... any questions on dosages, side effects etc.. the 'puter punches out.... I literaly do not know what most of the drugs on the shelf do... as we do not have to.. as we are busy with as I said crowd control and insurance work.

Can I rely solely on Pronto Pass and use APHA book and that is it ???

My concern about NAPLEX is........
Current pharmacy graduates who just finished 6 years of school... fail the test... what is a guy like me to do ?

I was always good in the math and know I have to ace it... but I need a whole lot more.

Any comments please and thank you,

Michael

The APha NAPLEX review book is a good place to start. The best I can recall the newer version NAPLEX after the blip back in August of 2007 was much more profile based. Meaning, you would get a profile and about 4 or 5 questions related to that patient's profile. So, in that sense the exam is more "clinical" than just knowing random drug facts.

As a note of encouragement, when I was a grad intern back in Florida at CVS before heading out to residency, I worked with a part timer who had to be in his late 60's. He graduated from a school up in PA and retired from the Merck sales force after 30 years. He had not actively practiced pharmacy for 20+ years but he got his FL license. :thumbup:

If he can do it, I don't doubt you all can do it with adequate preparation.

Good luck

I am a California pharmacist and luckily my NAPLEX scores will transfer. Graduated 2 years ago from University of Southern California and now moving to Florida. Has anyone taken the Florida MPJE? What can I expect? Any good study materials? Thanks