Got My Scores - My COVID-19 Stress Did Me In

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

native_tex

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.98 GPA, but my stress got the best of me and I got a balanced 505 (took in June). Other than a Texas DO, did I just invite myself to a gap year with a MCAT retake?

Members don't see this ad.

If you apply broadly enough, I know people who got in with around that for DO (my 2 best friends got into pretty good DOs).

I think you have a shot at a TX MD (assuming you’re in state), depending on the rest of your application. Your GPA is good so that will help you out a lot.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with @iliketurtlez, You have a shot at some TX MD's. For example, on T-Tech's PLFSOM statistics page, their average matriculant GPA is 3.76 (your GPA is way above the average ) and average MCAT is 508 which you are not far from.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Entirely depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to matriculate to the best TX programs, you will likely need to retake. If your goal is TX MD or DO, I think it makes sense to apply this cycle. If by January you haven't gotten any love, start studying for retake scheduled for March/April/May. If it was exam day anxiety, make sure you take steps to address this before a retake.

I have a 3.98 GPA, but my stress got the best of me and I got a balanced 505 (took in June). Other than a Texas DO, did I just invite myself to a gap year with a MCAT retake?
Apply to all the TX schools anyway. Maybe also TCOM. Don't beat yourself up!