got my score today!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentimax

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys!
As i said i will post my score as soon as I get it. 97!!!!:soexcited::clap:
It wasnt easy!!at least for me!! months studying...! only thing i know is hard work pays off!! Thank you everyone in this forum who have words of encouragement that helped me out when i was down, without motivation, so i could keep going. Good luck all of you !

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys!
It wasnt easy!!at least for me!! months studying...! only thing i know is hard work pays off!! Thank you everyone in this forum who have words of encouragement that helped me out when i was down, without motivation, so i could keep going. Good luck all of you !

Congratulations! Amazing score!!

Congratulations... Its gr8.

hi guys!

Greatttttttttttttttttttttt... waw too good score.. congratulations.. can you tell us smthn abt ur prepration strategy..which study material helped u most..are you FTD?

Good luck !!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys!
congratulations ,can u suggest me material and preaperation pattern

Wow! Congrats! Can you please help the rest of us and tell us a litte about what you used to prepare, what was best looking back, what you thought about the test, and what you would do different if you had to do it again? Thanks! We're so happy for yoU!!!

congrats! what a nice score=)

i have sent you a private mail to benefit from your experiance

hi guys!

congrats !!!!!!!!!
when was ur exam?

Hey!!!

Congrats A lot for this Wonderful score........Can you please let us all know about your study strategy......

Do you think it is worth reading from the text books.......I am reading from my text books, dental decks and ASDA papers.........Is that enough?

Wat do you think about the Kaplan Notes......I dont have those.......CAn I survive without them..........

Thanks a lot in advance

Thank you all!!!
I'm FTD. I've been studying for about 9 months, at the beginning of my prep. 8hrs everyday, means saturday and sunday also( think as a full time job:laugh:), the last 3 months 10-12 hrs everyday/ My resources were: dental decks (read three times) pocket companion Robbins and Cotran, (always on my hands) patho review Robbins(typo questions vignettes)Kaplan review book (as reference) dentessentials (as reference because has mistakes which helped me on reviewing other sources and learn more and some questions came from that book, amazingly!), wheeler (DA) and okeson (TMJ), Usmle first Aid (typo questions vignettes), fundamentals of anatomy & phys Martini (excellent source, at least for me, everything was summarize and going to the point) Asda papers(read twice), wikipedia and SDN forum for practice quest. when i had time.

Hi live,:)
I think i could try not to have so many books on my desk, because i felt i was getting done with anything, or incomplete but besides that I wouldnt do anything different because what i study and the time i invested helped me on getting the score i was looking for. I'm very satisfied.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi bddsgirl:)
I've used some textbooks more as reference, only my pocket companion Robbins, wheelers and martini (great source for me)got done along with decks. My books for reference: usmle, kaplan, okeson done just tmj, bioch lippincott, micro.made ridiculosly simple, Robbins the big book, Robbins review. If you have time and good memory, I'd say read as much as you can, because that is the best way to learn more. On the other hand, we all are different, and what works for me maybe doesnt for you. I think if you apply the advices in the forum you will see which technique fits better on you. Also, it is not how much read, it's how much you remember. Kaplan notes i've never used them. Asda papers, good source for testing yourself and apply what you have learned. Decks, read them all, twice at least. You can do it, you will see your results after your hard work.!:luck:

Hi,
Congrats on a wonderful score.:thumbup:
But when I saw you read for 9 months , I was really amazed that how come you were so...focused for such a long time.
But my situation is totally different.I am a pregnant and can not spare more than 2 months.I have finished reading all the subjects but DADH once in decks and USMLE notes.I have only 50 days more for my exam.I have to revise evrything and do all the question papers.
Really so...tensed because of lack of time.Please tell me how to adjust the time for this short period.
How much you have scored when you were doing ASDA papers???
Thanks a lot...........
Have a great future in a good dental school...........
hi guys!

Wow great score I am taking mine in early september hopw I can duplicate your success.

hi dentbaby:)
Thank you! and congratulations too on your pregnancy! your time of studying depends on your daily schedule. I suggest dont streght yourself, relax, and use your time wisely, take some breaks in between. If you have finished too study everything, you are fine! this 2 months, review everything you already read, go to the main topics. Review your notes, and questions. you will do fine if you remember everything you have read, key: begging your review.i'll send a private message. :luck:

hi youngmc27,:)
Follow my advice above, and try to look for techniques that works best for you. As i said before, what works for me maybe doesnt for you.
good luck!:luck:

HI dentimax.

Do u have soft copy of the material u r talking about? I never heard of okeson and martini. Do u have those books in soft copy format?

Thanks

hi dentimax,
Congratulations on sucha an amazing score...and thank you so much for replying and helping us :)

hi dentimax.congratulations on ur gr8 score.well done.
im also taking the exam at the end of august.im worried about the testlaets section.can u please advice me how to prepare for that.if u hv used robbins pocket companion n usmle first aid,then i wana now how u prepared for testlets frm these books? i ll appreciate ur help

hi guys!
congrats for ur great score,u deserve it,i am appearing in august second week,can u guide me how to manage my time,only 1 month left
am doing da,have done decks once and first aid nbde and questions a bit,did u do all asda or newer ones
guide me m score
wanna score high as this is my second time
hope you will guide me

hi F.Khan,:)
Unfortunately, i dont have the soft copy. Okeson, I had one from my school, and began reading from it; Martini i bought it from Amazon.com (used) recommended by a friend college student.

hi maiya,:)
thank you! I'd say If I were you i'd review my notes, asda papers, and clear up doubts. Go to the point, I know how it feels when you get closer to that important day, to me seemed like i wasnt done with anything, but it was the opposite, only thing i did keep reviewing everything i could. From all the tons i was reading from 9 months of work. You will do fine if you've done reading all the subjects, you review them, and clear your doubts. Good luck! :luck:

hi smile13:)
thank you.! For testlets as i said before in one of the forums (may/june forum) the book that always was on my pocket was Robbins where you have clinical manifestations,classifications, morphology, important topics we should be prepare to know when seen a patient. Everything is summarize (reason why i like it) and if you want to know more about a specific disease, you can go to Robbins the big book for deeper information. (which was my reference book), about Usmle i read the typo questions (those are harder than Nbde) to have an idea of how a question could be presented on the test, and i focus more on the main contents of each subject rather than the questions. Usmle was my reference book too.:luck:

superb score dentimax ! :luck: keep it up:thumbup: , ppl like you help infuse competitive spirit in future examinees .

I have a question for you . how did you start with Physiology-Biochemistry , as both are in depth and both are vast.....
>the main text what did you stick to ? wat were other sources / references.
>is a chapterwise read more fetching
>while solving asda did you concentrate more on any particular year?
>how many years asda did you solve

goodluck on your future endeavours !

Please guide me with clinical questions. i gave my exam once. didnt score good. what is robbins which you read . which subject is that
thanks a lot

Thank you all!!!
I'm FTD. I've been studying for about 9 months, at the beginning of my prep. 8hrs everyday, means saturday and sunday also( think as a full time job:laugh:), the last 3 months 10-12 hrs everyday/ My resources were: dental decks (read three times) pocket companion Robbins and Cotran, (always on my hands) patho review Robbins(typo questions vignettes)Kaplan review book (as reference) dentessentials (as reference because has mistakes which helped me on reviewing other sources and learn more and some questions came from that book, amazingly!), wheeler (DA) and okeson (TMJ), Usmle first Aid (typo questions vignettes), fundamentals of anatomy & phys Martini (excellent source, at least for me, everything was summarize and going to the point) Asda papers(read twice), wikipedia and SDN forum for practice quest. when i had time.

hi truth seeker:)
yes, you are right, phys & bioch are very extensive subjects. I read decks for both and Main: phys, Martini, bioch,Lippincott. references:usmle. Asda, i didnt concentrate in any specific year, but i read them twice. (1986-2005) I didnt have time for the older ones.:luck:

Hey Dentimax
Congratulations on your amazing score.I am a little time bound, so I wanted to know if the Kaplan videos are really important and a part of the preparation or should i just read and practice and leave them for last?

Hi Dentimax,
thanks a lot . is robbins pocket edition is what used you for referring clinical based questions. did you use some other material or source for clinical based questions.
thanks
dentist 111

hi dentist111,:)
Pocket companion Robbins/Cotran Pathologic basis of disease.

hey congrats on such a wonderful score..really goooood......

can u help me with these?

it says.. km is 1 n changed frm 10 to 20.. what happens to km?
it follows michelis menton eq..

n one more where
P50 of Hb is given and at a given Po2 they tell u calculate oxygen carrying capacity of Hb ?

did u get any such... n how about the cases..can u give some idea on those q ?

hi guys!

hi guys!

Hi
That is an amazing score. Which colleges are you planning to apply?

Hi Hardship,
1. km is 1 n changed frm 10 to 20.. what happens to km?
it follows michelis menton eq..

Explanation: Km is the substrate concentration at which the reaction velocity is half of Vmax. Look at the Michelis Menton curve. So it means the reaction is Vmax at the = 2 already. So, even if you put more substrate from 10 to 20 will not increase the Vmax that much. Just a little increase. That's very simple way of thinking.
The complete explanation comes V = Vmax . /+Km so please put 10mM and 20mM in the equation and calculate the V at different substrate concentration. You will get only a small increase.

2. P50 of Hb is given and at a given Po2 they tell u calculate oxygen carrying capacity of Hb ?
That plese see it in my previous post on "explain pls". Dentbaby explained it very well.

Good luck with your studies.