General Admissions & OTCAS Got accepted and then got kicked... advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forbigmistakes

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted to OT school under the provision I'd pass a pre-req class with a "B".

Long story short, I got a C, and got kicked. I was struggling with the class because a loved one had gotten critically ill, then passed away shortly after.

Should I submit the same Personal Statement? Should I edit it to explain why I didn't pass the class with a B?

Members don't see this ad.

This may vary on the program you are applying to. Typically, there is a space separate from the personal statement for you to mention any irregularity in your transcript and the reasoning behind it. If your personal statement is about the hard time you had dealing with the illness and passing of a loved one, you could mention how it affected your studies. Otherwise, I believe you can use the same PS, but you should look at each program(s) for sure. From the programs I have applied to they allow you to reuse application materials, save for recommendations -- although I am not a second time applicant myself.

Can you retake the course in summer 2017? I'm really sorry OP.. I also know some schools start "spring" term in March/ April so that may be an option.