Good resource for online medical school lectures? Lecturio? Kaplan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschoolhopeful786

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I currently attend a Canadian medical school that has little to no lectures. Is there a way to still be able to get a traditional medical education with online lectures? I don't mind paying for the resources but wanted good quality lectures that go in depth. I am doing this for my own learning but also because I am considering writing USMLE step 1. I just started 1st year so I have plenty of time.

I was looking at lecturio, B&B, osmosis, but I am not sure about how deep these go, they seem like just supplements for students at a school that already has lots of lectures.

Is there no lecture service out there that could replace medical school lectures? Is the closest thing to that going to be reading the books, like Guyton Hall, Robbins, Lilly's, etc.

Side note, McMaster and their PBL is a disease that has ruined medical education in North America.

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Najeeb is really in-depth and great for learning Neuro. Not sure about his other material though.

BnB is the best lecture series to use as a primary resource. He teaches each subject to the same depth you’d get in the class room, sometimes even more.

Dr. Najeeb is great too but I only used him for specific subjects.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I second Boards and Beyond! boardsbeyond.com

Hi guys,

I currently attend a Canadian medical school that has little to no lectures. Is there a way to still be able to get a traditional medical education with online lectures? I don't mind paying for the resources but wanted good quality lectures that go in depth. I am doing this for my own learning but also because I am considering writing USMLE step 1. I just started 1st year so I have plenty of time.

I was looking at lecturio, B&B, osmosis, but I am not sure about how deep these go, they seem like just supplements for students at a school that already has lots of lectures.

Is there no lecture service out there that could replace medical school lectures? Is the closest thing to that going to be reading the books, like Guyton Hall, Robbins, Lilly's, etc.

Side note, McMaster and their PBL is a disease that has ruined medical education in North America.
NOT a fano of Lecturio.

Just browse YouTube by subject matter.

I thought B&B was great for a first pass of material. Definitely recommend pathoma as well for most of the systems.

Pathoma and Boards and Beyond are great for basic sciences. Kaplan has more comprehensive videos including physiology videos. Online Med Ed is great for clinical rotations. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
I really like Amboss, it's easy to get around and find info in each question that you don't know **** about. Plus they have a key words things that is similar to FA's Rapid Review that I find super helpful. They came to our school and gave us a 2week free trial code if you want to try it out.

AMBOSS-YRWJ-C801-RA79

NOT a fano of Lecturio.
f953de671b9be7e1efe3c9ec93a7d887.jpg

I really like Amboss, it's easy to get around and find info in each question that you don't know **** about. Plus they have a key words things that is similar to FA's Rapid Review that I find super helpful. They came to our school and gave us a 2week free trial code if you want to try it out.

AMBOSS-YRWJ-C801-RA79
I'll have to check this out! Thanks for the tip!!

AMBOSS-YRWJ-C801-RA79
Just tried this out and it's really good! I could have written some of those questions!

:=|:-):, segdoc!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I just use this link because it gives me 25% off subscription. My godfather recommended it to brush up on concepts. He's a semi-retired internist who lives outside Boston, he went to MIT for undergrad and the University of Pittsburgh for medical school. He's wicked smart ;)

So if anyone clicks on the link they get 25% off, or if they click it, you get a 25% off referal bonus?

So if anyone clicks on the link they get 25% off, or if they click it, you get a 25% off referal bonus?

When you click the link, make sure the page loads, then wait about 10 seconds, then a popup box should appear with a coupon code for 25% off subscription "for anyone who clicks on the link." No I do not get a 25% off referral bonus. I am a student pharmacist and really do find Lecturio to be helpful for when I need to review concepts quickly.

Hey guys, same question but for the wards. Any good lecture resources for the wards? Or just re-watch Boards and Beyond and fill in patient management gaps on my own?