Good place to buy stethoscope and blood pressure cuff?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msjang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be starting 2nd year thus a stethoscope and blood pressure measurer/cuff is mostly likely going to be on the required instrument list. Which ones did you all buy that you thought were good purchases? I guess one that is usable, not too fancy, and acceptable quality.

Its my impression that one does not have to use these 2 instruments too often in clinic to make a differential diagnosis, i feel its just something to back up your diagnosis with a couple of additional data, so I'm going to go with the best economic option :)

I guess ebay would be a place to start, but i don't know which sellers to trust! :confused: Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, we get ours through the school too. The ones they sell us are Welch-Allyn, they work fine and serve their purposes.

Not to sound like a broken record, but you'll definitely have the opportunity to get it at school.

If you just want something cheap to practice with, I stopped by a school bookstore where they had a nursing program and picked up a set for $40.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for all the suggestions guys! and stopping by a nearby college with a nursing program is a great idea, i'll be doing that this week :)

I got my stethoscope today at a local college bookstore for $19:thumbup:. its from the American Diagnostic Corporation. i also got the blood pressure measurer for $35, also from ADC. hopefully ADC is a good brand!

I got my stethoscope today at a local college bookstore for $19:thumbup:. its from the American Diagnostic Corporation. i also got the blood pressure measurer for $35, also from ADC. hopefully ADC is a good brand!

is "blood pressure measurer" a technical term? :thumbup:

sphygmomanometer ?