Good PCAT scores study habits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hardworker101

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys

This is a question everyone has. Please contribute, if you have scored above 85% on pcat.

When did you take the pcat?

What was you score?

How long did you study for it?

What prep course or materials did you use?

What is your advice on preparing for the pcat?

If english is not your first language how do you perp for the verbal section.

Thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

arminshivazad said:
Guys

What prep course or materials did you use?

What is your advice on preparing for the pcat?

this whole forum is dedicated to answering questions like those, just look a bit through it :D

I received a 91 on June's. I studied for 4 solid weeks, 2-3 hours a day. Surf through the old posts on this site. That really helped me get a feel for what worked for students and what didn't. Also, if English is not your first language, cut yourself a lot of slack if your Verbal/Reading scores aren't good. I'm a US born citizen, and my score in those sections weren't great! My advice is to really concentrate on doing well on the science sections -- Math, Biology, Chemistry -- so your overall Composite is high. The PCAT is NOT the MCAT, but it does warrant some solid preparation. Consistent studying will pay off. Don't cram! Also, relax and sleep well the night before... :sleep:

#1 source is probably Kaplan (new guide comes out in September).

Would it be inadvisable to wait until September to place an order for the revised Kaplan book? I will be terribly busy in when school begins... Although I have heard many praises for the book, there are also many glaring mistakes and things the book has left out. I'm hoping to take the test on October 22... I have also heard many good things about the Audiolearn series, what do you guys think of it?
-Ray

crossjb said:
I received a 91 on June's. I studied for 4 solid weeks, 2-3 hours a day. Surf through the old posts on this site. That really helped me get a feel for what worked for students and what didn't. Also, if English is not your first language, cut yourself a lot of slack if your Verbal/Reading scores aren't good. I'm a US born citizen, and my score in those sections weren't great! My advice is to really concentrate on doing well on the science sections -- Math, Biology, Chemistry -- so your overall Composite is high. The PCAT is NOT the MCAT, but it does warrant some solid preparation. Consistent studying will pay off. Don't cram! Also, relax and sleep well the night before... :sleep:

#1 source is probably Kaplan (new guide comes out in September).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey evryone.....

I have seen good comments about the audio CDs...But I dodn't know where to buy it from.............Anyone selling their CDs.........

I took it in June. I reviewed past course material for a total of about 12 hours. I had the Kaplan book - but found the practice tests a little intimidating. Intimidation is not helpful. I scored in the 91st.

The thing that saved me was learning my regular course material - not the night before the PCAT, but over the years preceeding it.

Good luck,
Troy

chuks_pharmD said:
Hey evryone.....

I have seen good comments about the audio CDs...But I dodn't know where to buy it from.............Anyone selling their CDs.........

I think I have decided not to take the PCATS anymore. Applying out of state is probably a joke (for me) because of the absurdly low probablility I have of getting in (with my qualifications.) I do wish you all the very best of luck though-- You can buy a copy of the audiolearn CDs for pretty cheap(relatively speaking) at amazon.com. Just type in audiolearn PCAT. You can google the audiolearn site and buy it from the original retailer for about 10$ more.

I think if I lived in CA, I'd not apply out of state. There are so many pharmacy schools in CA. I live in Colorado. We have ONE school. +pity+