Good jobs for Pre Med?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rprasai

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a freshman pre med. What are some good jobs that would help me get clinical experience? I don't have any type of experience or certifications as of right now, but I am definitely willing to. I looked at some possible jobs like EMT-B and CNA but I'm wondering if there are any other possible jobs that would benefit me. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I know a few people who got into EMT but you have to pay to get certification, etc. Scribe is probably your best bet and the hours are pretty flexible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Scribe positions are also pretty difficult to get. If you stick with the same job for a while, then I feel like they'll look at it just like an employer would.

Ok. Are scribe jobs hard to find? I don't have any type of clinical experience so I'm wondering if that is usually a requirement in job applications.

EMT is good but there's a lot of sitting around waiting for stuff to happen so while you might spend 400 hours volunteering as an EMT, you probably will only have 50-100 of those actually being with a patient. It is a great experience though and if you're interested, you should definitely look into it. If you do EMT though, you should take a look at getting more clinical experience as well that isn't in the back of an ambulance but in a nursing facility, hospital, etc.

CNA is a great job if you find the right gig. Contrary to popular belief it's not all arse wiping and washcloth folding.

Last edited:
Ok. Are scribe jobs hard to find? I don't have any type of clinical experience so I'm wondering if that is usually a requirement in job applications.
Not usually hard to find. With rehard to experience prior, I work as a full time scribe now and prior to beginning, only had approximately 50 hours of shadowing/clinical experience. Definitely an awesome job for pre meds.

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile