Good cardiothoracic exam question banks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medstart108

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any good cardiothoracic exam qbanks? I've seen this one: Cardiothoracic Surgery tried the 10 free questions, but not sure what others think who have actually used them.

Members don't see this ad.

What exam are you trying to use this bank to prepare for?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm just doing it for general studying for now, but down the line years from now, will be writing my cardiac surgery exams (FRCSC).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just doing it for general studying for now, but down the line years from now, will be writing my cardiac surgery exams (FRCSC).
Ok I cannot speak to the Canadian system but the depth of the US exam material is not reflected in this qbank. It does not address the nuances I would expect someone to be aware of if they are making a qbank specifically for cardiothoracic surgeons. It reads like a qbank that someone made if they had taken STEPS 1, 2, and 3 and knew some basic facts about surgery and cardiology and then strung them together to make a qbank. I would not pay the price advertised for this, honestly. I would use it if it were free, maybe, to review some basic concepts that *might* come up in an oral boards setting.

Again I cannot speak to the Canadian system but I would imagine that Canadian cardiothoracic surgeons need to know material similar to that required of US trainees so there must be a comparable qbank for Canadian trainees.

Reactions: 1 user