Goljan - What is best to follow his audio along with??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
What is the best source to follow Goljan's audio with? Is the Stars Pathology Review (the orange-reddish colored cover) or the Rapid Review pathology book which is white? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Pox in a box said:
Obviously? :laugh: Too bad this "edition" doesn't even exist yet. Good luck to all of Class of 2008 with this summer or late fall edition. Considering the 1st edition was copyright in 2004, you're WAY OFF. Goljan is much more shrewd than that.

You'll be the one laughing when the new edition comes out. Let's revisit this when that actually DOES happen.

He announced it in class.

I'm not clear why you're always trolling in the MS-2 threads anyway. Instead of attempting to insult others, why not go to clinicals?

OSUdoc08 said:
You'll be the one laughing when the new edition comes out. Let's revisit this when that actually DOES happen.

He announced it in class.

I'm not clear why you're always trolling in the MS-2 threads anyway. Instead of attempting to insult others, why not go to clinicals?

You don't know the definition of "insult" apparently. I haven't even been on this board in nearly a month. If you've been paying attention, the only reason I showed up again was because someone asked me a question. I saw that you were running your mouth about Goljan again and wanted to speak the truth. Peace. :thumbdown:

Pox in a box said:
I'd take every word I hear from an OSU-COM student very lightly. Obviously, they read what Goljan gives them in class and aren't too familiar with other Goljan sources.

yup, you've got me, I'm trying to dissuade people from seeking out notes they can't get anyways and i have no need or desire to buy more Goljan sources and therefore have no clue what I'm talking about. I guess these books lying around are cheap chinese knock off's written by Edward J Goljan.

Please don't make idiotic proclamations about groups of people without something to back it up and especially do not question the credibility of a group based on your bias about their bias.

goljan%20books.jpg

Pox in a box said:
The Rapid Review is NOT (I repeat NOT) the same as his notes he gives out in his classes or in Kaplan lectures. Rapid Review is a good book but it does not include a ton of the high yield information included in his lecture notes.

You're right, it's not the same, it is edited down to save space due to editorial concerns (or so Dr G said himself during our board review), but it is very, very, VERY similar, so much so that I would carry RR instead of my class notes to study when I went to visit family/friends during 2nd year. Other notable differences are there is a chapter of micro which is omitted in the RR which I use frequently and we have printed out questions/answers at the end of each chapter, but the CD that comes with the book has many of those questions on it. I have no clue about the Kaplan, I have enough Goljan material.

Pox in a box said:
In my opinion, these students who emphatically protest anyone using sources besides Rapid Review are just trying to keep their own education proprietary (and who can blame them with the cost of tuition in Oklahoma) and don't want you to get as much of an advantage (at a small fraction of what they pay to learn).

:laugh: yup, that $16,500 sure is a sooooo much money and is great incentive to get us to orchestrate a vast conspiracy, or perhaps we like Goljan enough that we respect his wishes about his material which he mentions frequently.

Pox in a box said:
You don't know the definition of "insult" apparently.

so what is it when you question the credibility of a person and then proclaim that they are either willfully ignorant or liars?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hernandez said:
yup, you've got me, I'm trying to dissuade people from seeking out notes they can't get anyways and i have no need or desire to buy more Goljan sources and therefore have no clue what I'm talking about. I guess these books lying around are cheap chinese knock off's written by Edward J Goljan.

Please don't make idiotic proclamations about groups of people without something to back it up and especially do not question the credibility of a group based on your bias about their bias.

goljan%20books.jpg

You're right, it's not the same, it is edited down to save space due to editorial concerns (or so Dr G said himself during our board review), but it is very, very, VERY similar, so much so that I would carry RR instead of my class notes to study when I went to visit family/friends during 2nd year. Other notable differences are there is a chapter of micro which is omitted in the RR which I use frequently and we have printed out questions/answers at the end of each chapter, but the CD that comes with the book has many of those questions on it. I have no clue about the Kaplan, I have enough Goljan material.

:laugh: yup, that $16,500 sure is a sooooo much money and is great incentive to get us to orchestrate a vast conspiracy, or perhaps we like Goljan enough that we respect his wishes about his material which he mentions frequently.

so what is it when you question the credibility of a person and then proclaim that they are either willfully ignorant or liars?

Nice to see another OSU student come to defense...the point is you don't need to buy Rapid Review to get an edge. The 500 page notes SMOKE them in my opinion. Don't call me biased because I have all of Goljan's materials as well. I'm glad he's making a new edition of his Rapid Review...maybe it will now have all of the material it was missing before. Moral of the story: Rapid Review (at present) is not as good as Goljan's notes.

Pox in a box said:
Nice to see another OSU student come to defense...the point is you don't need to buy Rapid Review to get an edge. The 500 page notes SMOKE them in my opinion. Don't call me biased because I have all of Goljan's materials as well. I'm glad he's making a new edition of his Rapid Review...maybe it will now have all of the material it was missing before. Moral of the story: Rapid Review (at present) is not as good as Goljan's notes.

I agree - I've been using both Rapid Review and the notes and the notes are MUCH more helpful than the review book. Perhaps the new edition will be better, but for now, the notes have it.