Going to RCSI this fall- 2008?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SB Taco King

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I just signed up on this student doctor thing a second ago.

I've sent in my deposit and acceptance paperwork for the Grad entry program at RCSI starting this September; I think I'll be moving from California sometime late August. Anybody else attending RCSI this fall? Where are you living? I still need to work out housing, anybody looking for a roomate to live close to campus - St. Stephen's green?

- Still waiting to hear from a few US Schools.......

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I am starting the GEP program this fall and will be moving from California as well. I will probably head to Dublin late August or early Sept. I am still trying to figure out where to live in Dublin/roommates as well.

First off, welcome to both of you! :)

I've posted extensively on some housing options in this thread, but I'm happy to answer any other questions you have on Ireland or RCSI.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I was accepted into the GEP at RCSI as well. I will be moving from Canada to Dublin in the fall. I have been looking for housing on the RCSI website, and on a few other sites, but am still unsure of where the best place to live would be. If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it :)

SB king - where are you from in california??

Apparently the GEM programme is based in Sandyford which is at least a forty minute bus journey from the city centre (when there's no traffic and South Dublin traffic is very bad when there is). St Stephen's Green is in the city centre so probably not the best idea to get accommodation there.

Apparently the GEM programme is based in Sandyford which is at least a forty minute bus journey from the city centre (when there's no traffic and South Dublin traffic is very bad when there is). St Stephen's Green is in the city centre so probably not the best idea to get accommodation there.

Your "intel" is right - the 1st year GEP classes (with the exception of Gross Anatomy labs on the main campus) all take place at Reservoir House in Sandyford. This is 22 minutes on the direct tram line into the city centre (called LUAS); for the last 2 years, the school has provided free LUAS passes to GEP students to facilitate travel between the 2 campuses.

It sounds like Sandyford is the way to go for first year GEP, I found some 2-bed apts from 1400 euros+ on this site; anyone interested? I dunno when the latest you can make the deal is....

www.let.ie

- I'm from Santa Barbara if anyone is around

It sounds like Sandyford is the way to go for first year GEP, I found some 2-bed apts from 1400 euros+ on this site; anyone interested? I dunno when the latest you can make the deal is....

www.let.ie

- I'm from Santa Barbara if anyone is around

Try DAFT.ie as well.

Your "intel" is right - the 1st year GEP classes (with the exception of Gross Anatomy labs on the main campus) all take place at Reservoir House in Sandyford. This is 22 minutes on the direct tram line into the city centre (called LUAS); for the last 2 years, the school has provided free LUAS passes to GEP students to facilitate travel between the 2 campuses.

Wow that's good. DART as well seemed to only be about twenty minutes today. Didn't time it, but seemed to be that way. Do they still give out the laptops in first year?

€1400 isn't bad for a Southside apartment.

SB taco king - i graduated from ucsb last june! did you go to school there?

I am also starting at RCSI in September 2008.
I am from Canada and I don't know anyone going to RCSI
Anyone looking for a roommate? Female pref.

Hi! I am also starting RCSI this fall, and I also want a female roommate. I am 25 year old female and I currently live in San Diego, California.

Members don't see this ad :)

Possibility of shared apartment at Adelaide Square (many RCSI students live at Adelaide, 2 minutes from RCSI) with RCSI female med student.

Hey- I just found a 3bd/2bth place right by the GEP Reservoir house and the stillorgan LUAS stop for 1900euros, it's in a really nice complex, lobby 24 hr concierge, etc.. It's really the cheapest per person in Sandyford, and it's way closer to the important stuff than anything else. I'll room with guys and girls, whatever. Who's down?

"goodbye", - I grew up in SB, went to UCSB, graduated in '05, and am just finishing a Master's there now. are you still around?

I'll be heading there this fall for the GEP too.
Freaked out about housing!

To the other Canadians in this thread, where are you from? I'm from Toronto.

I'm also from Toronto and heading out for the GEP come September. I have no clue what I'm going to do about accommodation. During my interview I was told that most GEP students live in the 65-67 Aungier street residence but the information out there is quite limited. I've emailed the contact for the residence listed on rcsi's website but no additional information was been provided. I replied to her email with some questions so hopefully she gets back to me soon.

I'm heading to RCSI this fall also. From London, Ontario and finishing up right now at UWO. I've also contacted Mary from Aungier, still nothing yet. How is everyone going about finding roommates for next year. I don't know about the rest of you but it be kinda cool if there's a big group of GEP'ers all staying in the same building.

Hey Everyone!!
Hopefully I can be a part of this threat after my interview. It is at the end of the month!! Any pointer??? As far as I hear its basically to check if your a "normal" person???

Hey!,
Just had a question.
Online it says the fees are approx 40,750 Euros. Do they want all this at the start of each year or is it half per semester?

Thanks!

Hey!,
Just had a question.
Online it says the fees are approx 40,750 Euros. Do they want all this at the start of each year or is it half per semester?

Thanks!
lol that damn well has to be 1 year....i dont think anyone in their right minds would demand OR pay 80000+ EUROS for tuition (thats a frikkin $130000 cdn per year) well anyway...its per annum. and thats the only worry i have abt rcsi...cuz its a lot of money....42000 x 4(for GEP) + living + books + food + bi-annual air tickets lol...around cdn $90000 or more per year !!eeks!
good luck on the interview!!

Hey!

I didn't mean it in that way. I wanted to know if they ask for 40750$ EURO right at the begging iof the year or do they take this amount in two installments. So 20375$Euro per 2 times a year?

Basically do we pay 40,750$ all at once???

I think that they need the full tuition by August 1st or something like that. I'm also pretty sure that the tuition quoted in my acceptance package for the GEP was just over 45000 euros.

2 installments; the second is due 1st Feb.

Hey!

I didn't mean it in that way. I wanted to know if they ask for 40750$ EURO right at the begging iof the year or do they take this amount in two installments. So 20375$Euro per 2 times a year?

Basically do we pay 40,750$ all at once???

My package said that full tuition must be recieved by August 1, so unless I misread something I'm assuming they are asking for the full 40000 by august 1 (well 30000 as 10000 was already payed deposit)

anyways just a question for anyone who is using the RBC line of credit...apperently I hear its only available to GEP students and 6-year entry students are on their own for the first two years? is this correct? if anyone has actually tried this and knows anything about it please share...and so RBC is authorizing 150000 possibly 200000 in some cases, but where is the rest of it comming from for the rest of you guys?

My package said that full tuition must be recieved by August 1, so unless I misread something I'm assuming they are asking for the full 40000 by august 1 (well 30000 as 10000 was already payed deposit)

As a current student, I have always been able to pay in 2 installments. I suggest you email Claire Kilbride in the Fees Office (her name @ rcsi.ie) to confirm this is still the case... much better that the second 20k is in your account making interest until February rather than profiting the College.

Hey so I got my acceptance into the six (possibly 5) year program to RCSI for this fall. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything regarding Canadians doing residency in the States. I was looking through recent matches and a large portion of them are in the States (despite the majority of students being from Canada). I am a Canadian citizen and have no ties to the States and I just wanted to know if heading to the US for residency is an option after RCSI? Especially if I'm a Candian? Or will it be that much harder for me because I;m an IMG with no American citizenship...I'm just asking because the States seem to be much better with residency than Canada - especially now when Canada is nearly impossible to get into. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Hey!
I just wanted to see how many ppl have paid for a room in the Mercer Court or Milin House??

Thanks

Hi! I am also starting RCSI this fall, and I also want a female roommate. I am 25 year old female and I currently live in San Diego, California.

what program are you entering? Will you be at RCSI St. Stephens Green? I am 1st year med female looking to share my apartment 2 minutes from campus.

what program are you entering? I am 1st year female med looking to share my apartment with female med student; apt. 2 minutes from RCSI St Stephens Green; post if interested.

Hi everyone,

I am most likely going to be starting the GEP in september. I am from Vancouver BC and have not really thought about housing yet.... I am still waiting on a Canadian option and I tend to leave things to last minute anyways.