Going Further, Ph.D in PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schnell8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know right now is a crucial time that many of you are hearing back about your applications. For those of you who have multiple acceptances and are trying to decide on which school to attend, here is something to keep in mind: Ph.D in Physical Therapy. I don't know how this program is elsewhere, but I do know that here in Michigan, only 1 out of 6 programs has the Ph.D program (recently acquired at UM - Flint a few months ago).

For those of you interested, a Ph.D will allow you to specialize in a specific area of PT to enable you to become a professor or researcher within that specialization. It will get your name out there even more and from what I have seen, will increase your salary to potentially 6 figures (but remember, were not in the field for the money! but it is a nice bonus...)

UM - Flint has a fairly well organized website describing the benefits and details about a Ph.D in PT.

http://www.umflint.edu/pt/phd-physical-therapy-program#accordion-program-overview

If this is something you may be interested in, consider your schools wisely for those of you who have multiple choices!

Members don't see this ad.