GMAT Tutoring from Next Step Test Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NextStepTutor_1

Next Step Test Prep Tutor
Vendor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
One-on-one GMAT Tutoring
Each Next Step Test Preparation student works through a completely custom program. From start date to test day, you’ll work one-on-one with a veteran GMAT instructor to help you earn your best possible score. We work with students who:

• Are just starting out on the GMAT
  • Have taken a prep course with little progress
  • Have already taken the GMAT after self-study and need to raise their score
Our primary objective is to match our students with incredibly qualified GMAT tutors that are committed to helping you raise your score. By focusing tightly on your particular areas of weakness, we can help you overcome score barriers in either section and make significant gains.

Many students come to us knowing that they will need particular help in one of the sections. We have worked very successfully with a variety of students:

• Professionals who haven’t seen a math textbook since high school and know they will need substantial review of math concepts
  • International students for whom English is a second or third language
  • Applicants looking for a 700+ score to be competitive for top-ranked MBA programs
  • Busy professionals who would have a hard time integrating a rigidly-scheduled prep course with their late-night, travel-heavy positions
A History of Success
Our students average a double-digit score improvement on the GMAT. With their improved GMAT scores, our students have been admitted to over 100 schools – often with significant financial aid.

What our students say:

Working with Mike, I was able to raise my score from 620 to 730. Next Step has been instrumental in helping me achieve my MBA admissions goals; I would recommend them to anyone.

ANDREW, LANSING, MI

Before the course, I scored a 660 (Q: 47, V: 33) on the GMAT. I finally got my 740 (Q:49, V:42). I am happy with my score and I just wanted to thank you. Your assistance in preparing me for the test was crucial and greatly appreciated.

NATHAN, SACRAMENTO

Not only is Next Step more cost effective than most of the other popular GMAT courses on the market but for the price you also get one-on-one GMAT tutoring. Thanks to Peter, my tutor, I improved my score by 120 points in just 4 weeks.

JASLIN, SAN DIEGO

Our students have also been admitted to dozens of state and regional MBA programs, often with tens of thousands of dollars of financial aid.

• Yale
  • NYU
  • Northwestern
  • Michigan
  • Michigan State
  • Stanford
  • Columbia
  • Duke
  • Georgetown
  • WashU – St. Louis
  • Harvard
  • Chicago
  • Columbia
  • Washington
  • Cornell
One-on-one GMAT Tutoring Program Overview
Each of our students begins with a diagnostic exam to gauge their current score level and to understand initial strengths and weaknesses. (If you have already taken the GMAT, we will want to collect your past test scores). Students meet with their instructor once or twice per week, usually for two hours at a time. At each session:

• Students have the opportunity to discuss questions on their homework and re-assess their overall progress
  • New topics are covered in-depth or weaker areas are reviewed
  • Specific homework and practice exams are assigned for completion between study sessions
Ideally, students prepare for the GMAT for 2-4 months. However, we have also helped students successfully optimize a shorter time frame for maximum gain.

Next Step also specializes in helping two special GMAT cases:

Students who have already completed a GMAT prep class. Many students complete a GMAT prep course, only to feel they don’t have a solid grasp on the test material. We can help create a focused program to get you fully prepared — even after a prep course. And unlike a course, there is no need for us to review the basics — we can zero-in on the areas where you are struggling most and focus time and energy there.

Students who have already taken the GMAT and were unhappy with their score. Re-taking the GMAT is never a fun experience for working professionals. However, students shooting for competitive MBA programs often need help boosting their scores into the 600’s or 700’s. We have helped students improve their GMAT scores on a retake by up to 150 points.

One-on-one-LSAT-Tutoring-Program-Overview-.gif

Click here to see a sample GMAT tutoring schedule (but your program will be customized to your particular needs and timeline).

Materials and Methodologies
Our strong focus is helping students at every score level understand the fundamental concepts that are necessary to master the GMAT. “Tricks” and “secrets” only go so far. Students who earn top scores really understand the material — and go on to use the same mathematical and analytic skills in their MBA programs.

Students who come to us after prep courses often report that they learned lots of “tricks” but didn’t have these underlying tools. Working one-on-one with a tutor, you’re able to break problems down conceptually, seeing how the test creators want you to work through the problem. After all, working the problems is only half the challenge — the other half is doing so within the time limits.

If we work together, you will receive:

• 3 GMAT books, loaded with well over 1,500 practice questions
  • 7 computer-adaptive practice exams for timed practice
  • Our proprietary workbook, organizing Official Guide questions into strategy areas — so when you learn the number substitution strategy, you can instantly practice it on a dozen real GMAT questions.

Flexible Start Dates and Scheduling
Since our programs are completely customized, our students can start any time. We will put together the right program to take you from your start date to the day of your test, making the best use of time available. Additionally, you will have the freedom to schedule tutoring sessions on your schedule (including nights and weekends). For busy professionals with demanding hours and travel, this can be a significant advantage.

For optimal results, students should plan to study for the GMAT for 2-4 months. However, we can design shorter or longer-term programs as well.

We offer the same one-on-one GMAT tutoring services delivered two ways:

One-on-one live via internet video conference. Please see here for more information about our online GMAT tutoring experience. Students who work with us online have access to our most experienced instructors who have scored 750+ and each have 3+ years of specific GMAT teaching experience. Our online students have posted score gains equal to or greater than our in-person students. Students in smaller cities or professionals who travel often choose this option.

While many students are initially looking for in-person services, our online program allows students everywhere the chance to work with 3+ year tutoring veterans. We are happy to arrange a complimentary demonstration of the technology.

Pricing and Price Comparison:

upload_2015-5-13_12-25-42.png

upload_2015-5-13_12-25-42.png

Members don't see this ad.