Gift ideas!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been answering last years questions like there were this years... Whoops
I mean, trout prob will have the same struggle this year and there will still be babies to buy for! (In fact, my cousin just had one and my other cousins baby will be 1 this year so imma def look at that Momo book)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any local scotch or whisky where you are? Even if it's not the greatest booze, I always like going with something a scotch aficionado probably hasn't had before and can't find outside of the local area.

I mean, trout prob will have the same struggle this year and there will still be babies to buy for! (In fact, my cousin just had one and my other cousins baby will be 1 this year so imma def look at that Momo book)
I definitely almost quoted myself and somewhat jokingly, somewhat seriously asked for more opinions lol.

I've bought him scotch as a gift more than once. :p He is probably getting good steak this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread. I'm already panicking about what to get the new bf even though he says that I could literally get him a t-shirt and he'd be happy.

Help needed! :oops:

I haven't bought anything for my hubby yet. I usually write things down throughout the year for ideas but apparently that didn't happen on clinics. He's a software engineer and is very techy. Enjoys reading, history, hiking, anything to do with his dog (a shorkie :p), video games (PS4 & vita), basketball (but isn't loyal to a specific team), went to Penn State... We're planning a vacation to Hawaii this spring. Not sure if there is something he could use for that. Problem is we have most things he has mentioned wanting or they are more money than I can afford (like a new macbook pro). The dog will definitely be spoiled separately.
This thread reminds me I don't have to buy a gift for this douchecanoe this Christmas! Woo!

Reactions: 7 users
But I'm also spending christmas eve/christmas alone in my house because I'm on call and can't go home. So hrmm. (and by alone, I mean with Kobe, Cricket, Spyder, and Flea :) )

This thread reminds me I don't have to buy a gift for this douchecanoe this Christmas! Woo!
And I finally told Amazon to stop putting the Fleetwood Mac on my phone... :laugh:
But I'm also spending christmas eve/christmas alone in my house because I'm on call and can't go home. So hrmm. (and by alone, I mean with Kobe, Cricket, Spyder, and Flea :) )
SDN is very active at holidays. :p

Reactions: 2 users
I’m also happy to not be buying a gift for a bf that never bought me a Christmas or bday gift the entire time we were together. He got me something small last Valentine’s Day and expected a parade for how wonderful he was.

Reactions: 1 user
This is my first Christmas not working or on call or anything stupid like that. It falls on the Monday after a weekend that I don't work, so I'm off for 4 days straight. :) And I live close enough that I don't have to stay with my parents, I can just scoot home for the day (weather permitting).

Members don't see this ad :)

I might be around if you want to hang out :) Depends on if I drive to my grandparents for the day or not (if they will be around). Christmas eve I'll still be on cardio. Christmas I'll be on radiology

Trilt, that's actually not a bad idea. I might go with it.
Damnit I just spent almost a hundred bucks on various things on Kickstarter now... this is why I don't look at it haha.

I've played the app version of Spaceteam and adore it, so this + the Spaceteam card add on was an auto buy. :p (Stepping away now...)

He has said that he needs new sweatpants but that just feels so lame.
You could do joggers or something if you want to be fancier than sweatpants?

I am a big supporter of lame yet useful gifts :p

You could always get something fun and small to give with them. A small game, chocolate, beer, etc.

games bro
Okay so I found this game at target with @finnickthedog tonight
It's a "game of strategy and serendipity"

image.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Gift ideas for a board game geek? First Christmas with the new SO and I feel like he owns everything board-game related all ready. Being our first Christmas together I'd like to avoid gift cards but right now I'm stuck on "get him a game and keep the receipt in case he owns it already".
Secret Hitler, pandemic (possibly already has), takenoko, ticket to Ride (possibly already has), codenames (card-based), settlers of Catan (older, possibly already has), Carcassonne (older, possibly already has)

Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
Edit: sorry, didn't realize I was two pages behind on this thread, I see several already discussed...

@Coquette22
Highly recommend Zombicide - it's a cooperative game so you can play together instead of against each other. Has done wonders for my relationship (I hate losing and the hubs is stupid good at board games).

23 year old dairy farmer bf currently living with his parents..makes decent money so he typically buys what he wants. Suggestions?
If he likes to eat ... a dinner for two at his favorite restaurant (with you as his "two").

If he likes the outdoors ... a handwritten card from you inviting him to join you on a picnic to a scenic location (and you'll provide the delicious picnic food and his favorite dessert and beverages). Keep it casual and fun.

Last edited:
@Coquette22
Highly recommend Zombicide - it's a cooperative game so you can play together instead of against each other. Has done wonders for my relationship (I hate losing and the hubs is stupid good at board games).
I'll check it out, thanks! And I feel you on the losing thing. He knows so many games and as much as I enjoy them, I'm just trying to keep up. I need to beat him at something someday!

I'll check it out, thanks! And I feel you on the losing thing. He knows so many games and as much as I enjoy them, I'm just trying to keep up. I need to beat him at something someday!
I'm gonna second zombicide but also toss in dead of winter. @LetItSnow can also tell you that game is amazing