Getting Scurred

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDocHopefl

TheFuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like I am about to do poorly on my math quiz again, this crap is really tough! I am planning to take higher math coming up, but would a C look really bad? I know I can do a lot better in the next math course coming up.

I'm planning on taking the rest of my science undergrad pre-reqs at the nearest CC so I can save some money.

Hopefully I can jump through this crazy week and start moving up later next week! :eek: :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Well it looks like I am about to do poorly on my math quiz again, this crap is really tough! I am planning to take higher math coming up, but would a C look really bad? I know I can do a lot better in the next math course coming up.

I'm planning on taking the rest of my science undergrad pre-reqs at the nearest CC so I can save some money.

Hopefully I can jump through this crazy week and start moving up later next week! :eek: :scared:

I got a C in my calc course. Heck, I got Cs in a few of my other pre-req courses. I think it depends on what college you go to. I already got interviewed at my top school and they mentioned the low science gpa, but the interviewer knew my undergrad and took that into consideration and understood.

You have to realize that when you are invited for an interview they are interested in you. Everyone does not get interviews. At my first one, I sat down and my interviewer said "Well, it looks like we have a few problems here". My heart sunk. Basically I needed to explain why I retook a course and to explain my previous undergrad work. I graduated in 1990 with a BA in science teaching and my grades then were far from scholarly. They average them in too even though my new grades are pretty darn good. But I have 5 of 6 confirmed interviews so they are interested and I will interview and stay positive with each and every turn they throw at me.
So if you need to retake something to get a better grade, do it and then be ready to explain why. Just go forward.

You have to realize that when you are invited for an interview they are interested in you. Everyone does not get interviews. At my first one, I sat down and my interviewer said "Well, it looks like we have a few problems here". My heart sunk. Basically I needed to explain why I retook a course and to explain my previous undergrad work. I graduated in 1990 with a BA in science teaching and my grades then were far from scholarly. They average them in too even though my new grades are pretty darn good. But I have 5 of 6 confirmed interviews so they are interested and I will interview and stay positive with each and every turn they throw at me.
So if you need to retake something to get a better grade, do it and then be ready to explain why. Just go forward.

i agree. just be positive about the situation. if you can provide a no-bull**** explaination of why you had to drop or retake a class, what can they say besides apply again next year?!