Getting more surgical experience abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drophtho

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a comprehensive ophthalmologist who recently completed residency and am looking to get more surgical experience with phaco. I am interested in programs abroad, in particular in India, where you are able to be the primary surgeon and do a lot of cases in a short amount of time, with supervision and instruction as needed.

My internet searching has turned up several names, however it is difficult to know which of these may be most suited to my needs and worth the money they cost. Does anyone have more info or firsthand experience with any of these programs who could tell me more about which one may be appropriate?

I would really appreciate any input!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a comprehensive ophthalmologist who recently completed residency and am looking to get more surgical experience with phaco. I am interested in programs abroad, in particular in India, where you are able to be the primary surgeon and do a lot of cases in a short amount of time, with supervision and instruction as needed.

My internet searching has turned up several names, however it is difficult to know which of these may be most suited to my needs and worth the money they cost. Does anyone have more info or firsthand experience with any of these programs who could tell me more about which one may be appropriate?

I would really appreciate any input!

I've heard great things about Arivand, but I have not been there personally.
Also, I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that Aggarwal charges visiting surgeons 300-400 dollars per phaco, so I would personally never go there.
I'd be very interested in hearing what others who've actually been there think.