Getting licensed in Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M-PharmD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!! I'm graduating in 2016 from FL. I was wondering about the 500 intern hours requirement in the state of Georgia to get licensed. Are these hours have to be work related, not included in rotations? can volunteer hours count as well? Please advice, thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

As a non-GA graduate you must either work for one year post-licensure in your licensing state (FL) or work 500 hours post-grad in the state of Georgia. Your rotations will not count and neither will volunteer hours. You'll have to work those hours in GA before the BoP will allow you to apply for a GA license.

Georgia requires 500 *intern* hours. These hours cannot be from rotations. They are generally work related. However, if you can find a preceptor willing to sign off on the hours you work as a volunteer intern, they could be eligible (I know of a couple of people who've done this). However, this is unlikely unless you have a personal contact with the pharmacy owner.