Getting excited!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpm2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everone,
First time on the Student Doctor Network and I'm really excited! Does anyone have any information on the acceptance criteria of AZ, Barry and Western? I am 33 years old and only had a 3.2. GPA in college, 10 years ago. Since then I have taken all my sciences and I have a 3.5 science GPA. During this time I had been working a ton as a small business owner. I have been researching Podiatry A TON in the last several months but have not found any info for people that apply this late in the application cycle. If anyone has any tips or information that might be helpful for me to gain acceptance, I would be appreciative. I have been shadowing DPMs for about a month now and find the work great. Thanks to everyone and I cannot wait to join this profession!
DPM 2013

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you taken the MCAT yet? If you scored decent, I see no problem getting into the school of your choice. Good luck!

Have you taken the MCAT yet? If you scored decent, I see no problem getting into the school of your choice. Good luck!
Hi handoverfirst.... I got a 24 on the MCAT last year and have not retaken it.

well that's good enough and you can get accepted with that..........your GPA and MCAT is fine.....just apply and you will do great....be sure to say a really good reason why you want to be a DPM and what drives you toward this type of medicine