? Getting called back after 4 years active

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Utes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today in the bookstore I was talking with a girl who made me a bit confused on the 4 years IRR.

I was under the impression that it was 4 years active, 4 IRR (not including school). If they called you back, you finished up to 4 years following your active time.
Just so this is clear I'll give a fake example:

Active from Jan 01, 2000 to Jan 01, 2004.
IRR from Jan 02, 2004 to Jan 02, 2008.

However, if they called you back on say... June 01, 2007, you only had to stay on with them until Jan 02, 2008.

She claimed that if they called you back on June 01, 2007 that you would have to stay on with them until June 01, 2011, which would be 4 additional years from the date they called you back. Is that true?

What are the exact stipulations of getting called back? Do they only have the 4 year window to call you back? Do you get called back for 4 additional years or what?

Thanks,
Utes

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you are retired, your IRR is typically eight years. Once you get reactivated you can be stop lossed or extend just like any regular troop. If you check with personnel, your ets date when reactivated is something like 30+ years in the future. This doesn't mean you have that long of a commitment, it apparently is a way of tracking IRR recalls.