georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cypher828

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im a new nrrmt-b. Any body know of an intermediate night class class starting up in the atlanta area? Or of a place where you can volunteer as a basic? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

cypher828 said:
Im a new nrrmt-b. Any body know of an intermediate night class class starting up in the atlanta area? Or of a place where you can volunteer as a basic? Thanks

Medix School.... www.Medixschool.edu that's where i'm taking my EMT-I class.

cypher828 said:
Most technical colleges have night classes for EMT-Intermediate and Basic. These are cheaper than the private schools.

Remember, as an EMT-Basic in Georgia, you cannot staff an ambulance. If you want to work on an ambulance, you do not need to take EMT-B in order to take the EMT-Intermediate class.

Good luck with class!

Members don't see this ad :)
captaindargo said:
Medix School.... www.Medixschool.edu that's where i'm taking my EMT-I class.

my brother took his EMT class at medix. He now works for Grady Hospital studying to be a Paramedic.

but really, as far as EMT classes go, I would go to a technical college where the HOPE grant would pay for all of it. My brother said the medix school was rediculously expensive. I'd recommend Beamon at Griffin Technical College. He's the best. (if you want to go towards EMT-I that is...)

What is the starting pay for EMTs in GA? I have a 4 yr degree in IT and thinking about getting into healthcare. Also, are new comers usually required to work 3rd shift?

SMW83 said:
my brother took his EMT class at medix. He now works for Grady Hospital studying to be a Paramedic.

but really, as far as EMT classes go, I would go to a technical college where the HOPE grant would pay for all of it. My brother said the medix school was rediculously expensive. I'd recommend Beamon at Griffin Technical College. He's the best. (if you want to go towards EMT-I that is...)

wannabeapharm said:
What is the starting pay for EMTs in GA? I have a 4 yr degree in IT and thinking about getting into healthcare. Also, are new comers usually required to work 3rd shift?
Shift work varies, and if you work in rural areas, you will often find yourself working 24-hour shifts. The good thing about 24-hour shifts is you usually have 2 days off in a row after your shift.

I think the starting pay for most EMT's is about $28,000/yr in Georgia. That's a roundabout estimate. Paramedics usually make about $10,000/yr more.