Georgia MPJE and Practical! Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KayEnEss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any study materials and/or advice for the Georgia mpje and Practical exam? Especially study guides etc. Anything that guves an idea of the type of questions and expectations for the exams? Please help! [email protected] Thanks so much!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm getting nervous about the test. Compounding isn't my thing, which is why I stayed away from it and never planned on doing it. It's also not any part of my job. Sigh, good luck to you! :)
Good luck to you as well !! Whats your email? I can send you some notes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Blah, I've pushed my MPJE back for like the millionth time. It's hard to study while on vacation. Well, I guess I'll just focus studying for the practical and I'll have time after the practical to study for the MPJE. PearsonVue has made a ton of money on me rescheduling...

Reactions: 2 users
How goes the studying guys? I'll admit, I still haven't done too much. I hope this doesn't bite me in the ass. I've looked at calculations and some examples. It's tough with the moving. I'm going to study super hard the the rest of the time I have to take my test.

For those who have taken the practical before, I read that you're given 15 minutes to go over a patients profile. Are you just given the patients PMH and a list of their meds? Also, when you do the patient counseling, do you just tell the person what problems you found or do you pretend they're the patient? I didn't read how it was set up in the stuff given. Thanks!

You are given a profile and you are asked to find at least 10 things wrong in 15 min. Then you will discuss your finding with board member. You will be looking for drug allergies with drugs prescribed, over dosing, DDI, etc. If you do most of the talking you will pass. I had suggested some changes to consult with MD. Basically find problem and suggest solution.

For those who have taken the practical before, I read that you're given 15 minutes to go over a patients profile. Are you just given the patients PMH and a list of their meds? Also, when you do the patient counseling, do you just tell the person what problems you found or do you pretend they're the patient? I didn't read how it was set up in the stuff given. Thanks!

How is the studying going? These calculations are messing with my head. I keep reaching for the calculator. Not sure how this is going to go WITHOUT a calculator.

Members don't see this ad :)
How is the studying going? These calculations are messing with my head. I keep reaching for the calculator. Not sure how this is going to go WITHOUT a calculator.

Studying is coming along. I'm just ready to get this over with. I think I feel comfortable with everything but just want to go over the calculations again. The rest of the test doesn't sound too bad. I would be less stressed if I could have a calculator. I don't understand the point of now allowing us to have a calculator. There's like a 0.000001% you'll ever have to compound something without a calculator, and I think as long as you know how to do do the calculation what does a calculator matter? Good luck on Thursday! :)

Studying is coming along. I'm just ready to get this over with. I think I feel comfortable with everything but just want to go over the calculations again. The rest of the test doesn't sound too bad. I would be less stressed if I could have a calculator. I don't understand the point of now allowing us to have a calculator. There's like a 0.000001% you'll ever have to compound something without a calculator, and I think as long as you know how to do do the calculation what does a calculator matter? Good luck on Thursday! :)
Good luck too!

Hey yall! Did you know they changed the bulletin on the gbop webpage?! We have to bring our own "weights" now? Whatever that means. It's where it says stuff you need to bring? Where do you buy a scale that measures grams

Hey yall! Did you know they changed the bulletin on the gbop webpage?! We have to bring our own "weights" now? Whatever that means. It's where it says stuff you need to bring? Where do you buy a scale that measures grams
What?? I just read it the other day...that's crazy....

May I ask where you're looking? I clicked on the candidates bulletin updated 7/15 and it does not mention weights.

It says it under the candidate bulletin on the webpage. Same bullet point as white coat. If u printed it out last month they've updated it since.

I'm not seeing where it says we need a scale? I went to the website and it only mentions to bring admissions paper, number 2 penicil, ID, and white lab coat.
I just was searching candidate bulletin on the gbop webpage and the old one came up. But I see where the updated one is now

Well that sucked. The calculations I thought were easy then I realized I made a stupid mistake when I calculated the actual dose for the patient cause I was rushing. Sigh, I hope I get enough points to pass. The Errors and Omissions part was hard for me as well coming from a clinical background. The counseling section was easy. I hope I pass. Did it take the full 4-6 weeks to find out if you pass?? :( I'm going to worry until I find out.

I heard 2 weeks but they say 4-6 weeks. E/O was very difficult and I'm retail and lots of people in there were retail and said same thing. It's all in God's hands now. I'm super exhausted after that test.

I heard 2 weeks but they say 4-6 weeks. E/O was very difficult and I'm retail and lots of people in there were retail and said same thing. It's all in God's hands now. I'm super exhausted after that test.

Very true. I was looking above and saw someone that posted took the June 11th test and stated they passed at 3 weeks, so looks like less than 4-6 weeks. Good luck to you! :)

I've been obsessively checking the online status checklist. I would assume that they'd post I completed that requirement before I received the letter but who knows. I'm just checking to check. Sigh.

Is it true some companies allow you to start working and give you a certain time frame before you have to be licensed? I thought that was only in emergency situations

I have 6 months to get licensed according to my employer. I've been doing non verification stuff.

I see that online on the GA license application status that the part where it says exam pass letter and practical score says complete. But how do I know if I passed? or Do I just have to wait for the letter in the Mail?

I see that online on the GA license application status that the part where it says exam pass letter and practical score says complete. But how do I know if I passed? or Do I just have to wait for the letter in the Mail?

Does it say "Passed Practical Exam" or that you just received your letter? Mine says "Passed Practical Exam" and has completed next to that, which I understand it to mean I passed the practical exam and completed that requirement. Not sure why it would mean anything else. That's your checklist for all the requirements you need to get your license. Why would it say you completed that requirement if you failed the test?

Does it say "Passed Practical Exam" or that you just received your letter? Mine says "Passed Practical Exam" and has completed next to that, which I understand it to mean I passed the practical exam and completed that requirement. Not sure why it would mean anything else. That's your checklist for all the requirements you need to get your license. Why would it say you completed that requirement if you failed the test?

Mine doesn't say Passed Practical Exam, it says"Exam Pass Letter" = complete and "Practical Exam Score" = Complete but I see your point about the Completed part. I was a little nervous because I thought it would clearly say Passed or Failed but since it says Complete I guess I can assume I passed, seeing that "complete" signifies that that requirement is fulfilled. I dunno, I guess I'll have to wait for the letter for it to be official. Thanks for the insight

Mine doesn't say Passed Practical Exam, it says"Exam Pass Letter" = complete and "Practical Exam Score" = Complete but I see your point about the Completed part. I was a little nervous because I thought it would clearly say Passed or Failed but since it says Complete I guess I can assume I passed, seeing that "complete" signifies that that requirement is fulfilled. I dunno, I guess I'll have to wait for the letter for it to be official. Thanks for the insight
Yeah, I can understand the worry. I'd like the official letter in my hand as well. That's weird that your checklist is different from mine. Are you getting your original license from GA? I'm reciprocating so maybe that's why mine is different. Mine only has the "Passed Practical Exam" box and nothing about a letter sent box.

Yeah, I can understand the worry. I'd like the official letter in my hand as well. That's weird that your checklist is different from mine. Are you getting your original license from GA? I'm reciprocating so maybe that's why mine is different. Mine only has the "Passed Practical Exam" box and nothing about a letter sent box.

Yea maybe thats why. I am a recent graduate getting my original license from GA. Another recent grad I talked to says he sees the same thing I do. So maybe your checklist is different since you are reciprocating.

Yea maybe thats why. I am a recent graduate getting my original license from GA. Another recent grad I talked to says he sees the same thing I do. So maybe your checklist is different since you are reciprocating.
Okay, that makes sense. I'm pretty positive we passed though! :)

Ok soooo anybody that took the practical on August 6th get anything in the mail??? The only reason why I know I officially passed is because I emailed the board asking them have they mailed out the letters yet and they sent me a pdf of my pass letter. But I still haven't got anything in the mail yet I don't even know my score. I just was wondering if others was in the same boat as me??

Ok soooo anybody that took the practical on August 6th get anything in the mail??? The only reason why I know I officially passed is because I emailed the board asking them have they mailed out the letters yet and they sent me a pdf of my pass letter. But I still haven't got anything in the mail yet I don't even know my score. I just was wondering if others was in the same boat as me??
I am in the same boat as you. The website checklist says they have sent my pass letter out but I have not received it. I might email them so I can get a pdf too. I was beginning to wonder what was going on. I would like to know my scores as well. I mean, after all, we did pay a lot of money to take the practical!

HELP!! I just moved to Ga and am scheduled to take the practical in January. graduated in 2003 and have not done much compounding. Would anyone kindly share any notes? Got a lot of good info but don't have any resources except the 120 calculations. anymore tips would be just awesome.

Nina,
I am also trying to get licensed in GA. GA BOP received my application on 7/6/15 and still waiting for their response to know if I will be admitted into Aug practical exam or not. May I know when GA BOP received your application? after how many days you found that you were admitted into August practical exam. Also whom did you talk at GA BOP?
I really appreciate your help.
hi,
I would like to know if the GA BOP scheduled you for the exams in august last year. I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION AS YOU TRYING TO DO MY INTERNSHIP HOURS AND IT WILL ALL BE DONE BY 07/08/16 WHICH I INTEND TO SUBMIT MY HOURS SAME DAY TO BE ENROLLED IN THE AUGUST EXAMS. I HOPE THIS IS POSSIBLE AS I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT TIL JANUARY 2017 TO DO IT.

hi,
I would like to know if the GA BOP scheduled you for the exams in august last year. I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION AS YOU TRYING TO DO MY INTERNSHIP HOURS AND IT WILL ALL BE DONE BY 07/08/16 WHICH I INTEND TO SUBMIT MY HOURS SAME DAY TO BE ENROLLED IN THE AUGUST EXAMS. I HOPE THIS IS POSSIBLE AS I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT TIL JANUARY 2017 TO DO IT.
SORRY FOR THE CAPS

Nina,
I am also trying to get licensed in GA. GA BOP received my application on 7/6/15 and still waiting for their response to know if I will be admitted into Aug practical exam or not. May I know when GA BOP received your application? after how many days you found that you were admitted into August practical exam. Also whom did you talk at GA BOP?
I really appreciate your help.
hi,

Does anyone have any study materials and/or advice for the Georgia mpje and Practical exam? Especially study guides etc. Anything that guves an idea of the type of questions and expectations for the exams? Please help! [email protected] Thanks so much!!!

I graduated from pharmacy school 10 years ago and am reciprocating my license to Georgia. Today is Jan 11, 2016 and I am taking my required wet lab Jan 15, 2016. (Yes Georgia BOP now requires ALL applicants to take the wet lab) When I started searching for what material to study and basically found none, I started getting really freaked out...felt very in the dark. So I'm am going to share what I have found so no-one has to freak out like I did. Fingers crossed that I pass this practical this Friday!

Wet lab:
1) Review exam structure:
http://gbp.georgia.gov/sites/gbp.georgia.gov/files/related_files/document/Candidate Information Bulletin - Licensure Exam.pdf
or
https://gpha.memberclicks.net/assets/docs/gpha/ga%20pharmacist%20practical%20exam%20manual.pdf
disregard page 30 on isotonicity, not likely to be on practical

2)practical skills refresher review course offered by GPhA various locations/ times per year
http://www.gpha.org/practicalskills
3) utilize the following website
http://pskills.pharm.ku.edu/ios/html5/html5-displab/index.html
click around on"prescription drop off area", "prescription filling area", "compounding area", etc etc.
I really really liked the interactive error and omissions at http://pskills.pharm.ku.edu/ios/html5/html5-eorev/index.cfm (click on "click versions)
4) review your top 200 drugs and practice compounding calculations including alligation and aliquots

Georgia MPJE
I studied for no more that 2 weeks and passed
1) I purchased practice Georgia MPJE computer material from: https://www.pharmacyexam.com/index.cfm/category/11/mpjecpje.cfm
2) I purchased practice Georgia MPJE material from Pronto pass at:
http://www.mpjesuccess.com
3) I also in the end did end up reading all of title 16 and title 26 and 480 at:https://gbp.georgia.gov/laws-policies-rules
it was kinda boring but i got thru it in 2.5 days