This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teakitty888

Reaction score
Hello! I’m a dental hygienist not a dentist so I know this isn’t exactly the place to be asking my questions but I’m desperate. I’m going to be moving to Georgia in June because my fiancé has been accepted into OMFS residency. So I’ve been looking into how to get licensed there but the Georgia Board of Dentistry site is confusing me with all their laws and rules.
I took WREB for my clinical exams and NBDHE for boards. I know WREB wasn’t accepted in the past but it appears that they are amending Rule 150-5-.02 which states the accepted exams. From what I interpreted from the amendment, this means WREB will be accepted in the future. I don’t think it’s in effect yet though. So I’m wondering about doing licensing by credentials instead. The problem is their rules make it seem like even by credentials I’m still required to submit scores from an exam approved by the board. I don’t understand this at all. Does this not defeat the purpose of licensing by credentials? I thought the purpose was granting a licensee from another state a chance to prove their skills and performance to the receiving state by their past performance record instead of by clinical examination. Am I reading their rules wrong? Can I still be licensed by credentials even though WREB is not yet accepted? Does anyone know anything about this or about the amendment?

Members don't see this ad.

Can you call them? That might be your best bet. To hear from the source

Can you call them? That might be your best bet. To hear from the source
I have already actually and they have been super unhelpful so far. I’ve sent them a message twice. Each time they replied by saying simply to read the rules and laws on their website carefully. They completely ignored my questions. I also called and was told I need to reach out to two different people by email. One for each of my questions.

Last edited: