George Mason (GeorgeSquared) Advanced Biomedical Sciences Certificate 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaiwjung

samj124
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone apply to this program this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied March 13 and my file has just gone out today for a decision!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application mid-February and did not hear anything back from them. I did give them a call yesterday and told me that they are reviewing the application individually. Also told me that they are going to start sending out some decisions next week till possibly June. Do you guys have any information about this program? Like as in acceptances to Medical school after? Or if Georgetown's Masters is available for all students?

I submitted my application mid-February and did not hear anything back from them. I did give them a call yesterday and told me that they are reviewing the application individually. Also told me that they are going to start sending out some decisions next week till possibly June. Do you guys have any information about this program? Like as in acceptances to Medical school after? Or if Georgetown's Masters is available for all students?

All I can see from the FAQ page is that there is no direct linkage to a medical school. If you complete the graduate certificate program, then you have the chance to apply to Georgetown's masters for the summer term.

Is it really $30k for this program? That seems like an absurd number especially for instate tuition but that's the only value I could find on their site

I recently got accepted! I got an email to join a google group. Anyone else? Deposit is required within 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
I recently got accepted! I got an email to join a google group. Anyone else? Deposit is required within 2 weeks.
I haven't heard back yet. Did you receive an acceptance email or did the status change in your self service center?

Last edited:
Just got an admissions decision stating that I'll need to "submit a final transcript with a GPA of a B or better to be considered for fall 2017."

I've projected that I'll end this semester with a 3.58... which will pull my cumulative GPA to a 2.99 :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Just got an admissions decision stating that I'll need to "submit a final transcript with a GPA of a B or better to be considered for fall 2017."

I've projected that I'll end this semester with a 3.58... which will pull my cumulative GPA to a 2.99 :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
When did you apply?

Submitted 3/15 with all the LOR in by 3/26
Ah! Hopefully I hear back this week because my app was in by 3/13 but all supporting documents were in by 3/28

Hello, I also applied recently. How long did it take to hear back from admissions?
I was told I should hear back early this week. So it's been almost a month after all my supplemental documents were in

I was told I should hear back early this week. So it's been almost a month after all my supplemental documents were in
Oh, okay. I hope I hear back soon. I think I technically have 2 weeks of waiting left since I submitted my supplemental materials early last week. I may call tomorrow to check on my application.