Gen Chem 1/2 over the summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neabby21

Reaction score
Hi!

Okay, so I am a Communication Sciences and Disorders major who has recently decided to pursue medical school. I am a junior, and I am planning to go to school for an extra year for prerequisites.

That being said, I was hoping to take both chem 1 and chem 2 this summer as they are being offered in consecutive 8 week summer terms. I took two semesters of General Chemistry in HS, am a strong math student, and currently have a 4.00. I am very nervous, especially for Chem 2 since I hear it can be pretty tough. I have a few weeks before the term starts.

Is there anyone who has done this? Is there anything I should prepare for? I am planning on just working part time during the summer. I generally work 30 hours a week during the school year, so I'm used to being very busy. I'm guessing these classes could be pretty intense.

If anyone has any tips for me, or if you think this is absolutely an awful idea, I would love to hear your input.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

Okay, so I am a Communication Sciences and Disorders major who has recently decided to pursue medical school. I am a junior, and I am planning to go to school for an extra year for prerequisites.

That being said, I was hoping to take both chem 1 and chem 2 this summer as they are being offered in consecutive 8 week summer terms. I took two semesters of General Chemistry in HS, am a strong math student, and currently have a 4.00. I am very nervous, especially for Chem 2 since I hear it can be pretty tough. I have a few weeks before the term starts.

Is there anyone who has done this? Is there anything I should prepare for? I am planning on just working part time during the summer. I generally work 30 hours a week during the school year, so I'm used to being very busy. I'm guessing these classes could be pretty intense.

If anyone has any tips for me, or if you think this is absolutely an awful idea, I would love to hear your input.

Thanks in advance!

If you’re used to being busy all the time and having a high workload, I don’t think it’s a bad idea. I recommend spending time with the professors/TA’s in office hours if you start to feel overwhelmed so you can get on top of it before you start to slide. I also recommend a study group if you can find one. If not, I recommend making one and leading it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Second Jamaica Princess. Go for it. There’s hearsay around basically every science class that it’s an insurmountable obstacle & impossible to do well. Go in with the mindset that you’ll work as hard as you possibly can, stay on top of the reading, do the practice problems & you’ll be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Read and do problems ahead of lecture and you'll be fine.