Technology [Geek / PC] Flash Card Software

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

da8s0859q

Someone else posted a link to CueCard in another thread (kudos, whoever you were - I forget, sorry!).

After playing with it a bit, I'm wondering what else is out there. Requirements are as such:

• Freeware, and;
  • Has an at least somewhat polished interface.

Anyone know about something I don't?

Members don't see this ad.

I've always just used powerpoint to create flashcards for myself. Real simple ones that are set up so I click to display the answer. I also have a random slide show plugin for powerpoint which shuffles things up.

Recently I got a new phone that has windows mobile 6 on it, and it comes with a powerpoint viewer so I can load the powerpoints I made onto the phone and flip through them whenever I want. Actually ends up being pretty helpful when I'm bored as **** somewhere and have nothing else to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
PPT seems the a good option. The only problem I see is the file getting too big. How many sides do you typically include in one of your card sets?

Edit: I just checked PPT for flash cards out. It works really well. I think I may use this as my program of choice. Does anyone have any tips on keeping things organized?

Last edited:
Quizlet works really nicely and is web based. I guess this can be both good and bad because while you can use it from any computer, I believe you have to be connected to the internet. Still, with wifi connections ubiquitous on campuses these days, perhaps that's not such a big deal.

I came across another flash cards website.

There isn't a lot of content out there but it seems pretty good. This site supports embedded images and some other cool stuff and has lots of biology study cards. I tried a couple other flashcards websites and they do not.

Searching for protease inhibitor and got back several results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using StudyProf FlashCards for quite some time and I'm really happy with it. It lets me study my cards using the Leitner method of spaced repetition. It also has an integrated study schedule, which creates and reminds me of due tasks. There is a free version available, too!

Last edited by a moderator: