Gap Year - pt aide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ank20

Reaction score
This past summer I decided to hold off from applying and take a gap year to bump up my resume and gre score while also trying to get more experience. I'm graduating from undergrad this coming May and I am really wanting to secure a job as a PT tech/aide somewhere. Anybody have any tips for finding a position like this / what I should be looking for / how do I go about asking PT clinics about this. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got my tech job by shadowing/volunteering at the clinic. If you have shadowed in places in the past you could reach out and see if they have any openings. I'd also contact local clinics in your area.

This past summer I decided to hold off from applying and take a gap year to bump up my resume and gre score while also trying to get more experience. I'm graduating from undergrad this coming May and I am really wanting to secure a job as a PT tech/aide somewhere. Anybody have any tips for finding a position like this / what I should be looking for / how do I go about asking PT clinics about this. Thank you in advance!
I did the same thing and for the most part I’d say it benefited me greatly. It’ll definitely let you see if you can see yourself in the field, and it helps get a solid letter of rec from a PT or 2 also. Downside is the pay sucks and it can get busy/stressful at times. If you haven’t taken the GRE yet, it might make your life easier to take it first before applying for a job. As far as looking for a job, I recommend using your university’s job board if they have one (mine had an “internship prep course” that I enrolled in that would email me if a clinic was looking to hire a tech, I found my first tech job through this). If not, you’ll find many listings on Indeed. Mention your goal of applying for PT school in your resumé/cover letter.