GA Wet Lab Errors and Omissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmschopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I had a question regarding the GA Wet Lab Errors and Omissions. I am having a hard time differentiating between option C (problem with label) and option E (inappropriate substitution). For example, if an MD wrote for hydroxyzine pamoate, but the pharmacist/technician accidentally choose hydroxyzine HCl for the label, and it was filled with HCl. Is this an error with the label (C) or an inappropriate substitution (E)?

Members don't see this ad.

C - the info on the computer-generated label is wrong. E would only be right (as I understand it) when the label says a substitution has occurred (give generic when brand requested by doctor or give a wrong brand to generic substitution)

Hello,

I had a question regarding the GA Wet Lab Errors and Omissions. I am having a hard time differentiating between option C (problem with label) and option E (inappropriate substitution). For example, if an MD wrote for hydroxyzine pamoate, but the pharmacist/technician accidentally choose hydroxyzine HCl for the label, and it was filled with HCl. Is this an error with the label (C) or an inappropriate substitution (E)?

I was trying to find out the difference between option c and e if rx written for monopril, and filled with and for lisinopril? to me that is the complete wrong drug, but the study guide lists it as e--improper substitution...there were at least 3 like that on my study guides from the study guides on study blue, i thought all were wrong drug, but they listed anwers as improper substitution? from my understanding the guidelines were to document that a subs had occured and if written for brand , list gen name and mftr and dispensed for brand name--but monopril and lisinopril are two different drugs completely