Future D.O.'s attending PCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KennyP

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I would take this opportunity to informally meet any of my future classmates heading to PCOM. If you are out there, I'd like to chat sometime.

Members don't see this ad.

Philadelphia college of Osteopathic Medicine

[This message has been edited by KennyP (edited 02-27-99).]

I thought Id ask you this since youve already met the people there. I write to a Ms.Leibrandt at PCOM. Shes really great. She answers all my questions etc. I was wondering whether I could ask her for an interview. They interview till May and my application only got there last week of Feb, so I thought Id write her and ask to see if there was anyway I could get in. Whats your opinion on this? Email me. Thanks.
By the way, nice web page :)

[This message has been edited by rachel (edited 03-05-99).]

I would not ask for an interview but would DEFINATELY continue to express a strong interest in the school. Keep writing letters of interest every 2 weeks or so and call every 2 weeks (alternate with weeks you send in letters). Be very courteous since you don't want to annoy them with your persistence. I don't know who Ms. Leibrandt is but it sounds like she just works in the office. Requesting an interview is dangerous because it can come across the wrong way. The admissions committee decides who to interview. If you request one, they might get offended because they may see you as trying to do their job. Why risk it? Just stick to showing interest rather then "having the audacity to tell the admissions people who they should interview." Good Luck. :)