Funniest eval?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epsilonprodigy

Physicist Enough
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On a lighter note from my recent thread, what was the most off the wall eval you've ever received?

Today I Got: "EP has a can-do attitude and a kind word for everyone. Her technical skills are coming along well. She always smells great even when post call. She kind of reminds me of the girl from "Heroes."

LMAO. Do attendings gather around to tipple expensive scotch and write these? Surely my excellent hygiene and resemblance to 90's TV actresses will serve me well in the fellowship match.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I also received praise for showering regularly and appearing "well groomed" on an intern year eval - not sure if that reflects more on me or my male colleagues who got no such comments!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure but something seems kinda creepy about these comments you guys are getting.

"Resident G appears to have rotated on my service." Ophtho attending

I was an IM resident on a 2 week eyeball rotation right before graduation. Had a newborn baby and the chief resident told me to go home and he'd call me if anything interesting came in that I should see. Never called. I did my continuity clinic and some weekend call but that was it.

I passed.

Reactions: 9 users
Haha, mine was from an attending who is brilliantly quirky and maybe just a touch on the spectrum. So picturing him making such a statement in his very Spencer Reed-like way made it more funny than creepy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My most (and least) favorite eval came from a VA ICU attending. The kind of guy who started every sentence with "when I was at Hopkins...".

"Dr. Gutonc expresses cynicism beyond either his years (I was actually 2 years older than him at the time) or experience. He suffers from anchoring bias and his preconceived notions of the cause and treatment of his patient's illness is somewhat fixed. He is one of the most thoughtful and caring interns that I have worked with and I suspect that he will provide excellent care in whatever clinical setting he chooses."

Reactions: 1 user