Fun things to do *after* checking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoosePilot

Y Bombardier
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of rewards :)

What will you all do after you check your scores to reward yourself for your hard work or console yourself for a disappointment ? (I'm sure everyone here will be rewarding themselves).

I'm going to go get a "Founders Favorite" ice cream mix from Cold Stone Creamery! I love those, but only let myself have one a month or so.

Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to go get a "Founders Favorite" ice cream mix from Cold Stone Creamery!
i'm right there with ya.....that is, after i go to the nicest restaurant in town and buy the biggest steak they have. an occasion this big must culminate in the mass devouring of animals (sorry to the vegetarians out there)!

Members don't see this ad :)
Chocolate Devotion from cold stone is my favorite....but my wif and i "reward" ourselves almost every sunday with this. She likes the turtle temptation.

MoosePilot said:

What will you all do after you check your scores to reward yourself for your hard work or console yourself for a disappointment ? (I'm sure everyone here will be rewarding themselves).

I'm going to go get a "Founders Favorite" ice cream mix from Cold Stone Creamery! I love those, but only let myself have one a month or so.

Anyone else?

For better or worse...

A big steak, a little wine, and um, some "stress relief." The last one may be tough to find; I'm still looking for soemone to hold my hand... :laugh: Definitely the steak and wine, though. Maybe a crossword. I deserve it. :thumbup: :D

I take that back....anyone in Dallas/ Fort Worth wanna watch me get drunk? :p

UNTlabrat said:
For better or worse...

A big steak, a little wine, and um, some "stress relief." The last one may be tough to find; I'm still looking for soemone to hold my hand... :laugh: Definitely the steak and wine, though. Maybe a crossword. I deserve it. :thumbup: :D

I'm here to hold your hand ;) haha oh i can offer you some stress relief too baby :laugh:

pmpndaflip said:
I'm here to hold your hand ;) haha oh i can offer you some stress relief too baby :laugh:
Thanks, but even I won't drive to Cali just to get l**d. :thumbup: :laugh:

If I tanked em, I'll probably play some depressing songs (like Matchbox 20 "All I Need" - pertinent lyrics "You can still lose even if you really try", Linkin Park "In The End" - pertinent lyrics "I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter", and some Sarah MacLachlan - good stuff!) and sob in my room. If I aced em, I'll binge on Ben and Jerry's Phish Food and probably go out for dinner :).

Members don't see this ad :)
Did good: throw away MCAT kaplan bible and study materials. In fact, I might just have a bonfire (seriously -- this would be too good not to do).

Did bad: shove face in front of MCAT kaplan bible for next 2 months and allow for crying spurts as needed.

monopolova said:
Did good: throw away MCAT kaplan bible and study materials. In fact, I might just have a bonfire (seriously -- this would be too good not to do).

Did bad: shove face in front of MCAT kaplan bible for next 2 months and allow for crying spurts as needed.

My words exactly, only replace Kaplan with PR.

I'm with monopolova

If well: Going out to dinner, will call my entire familywith the news, and maybe go to a movie or shop or something! Not to mention scream at the top of my lungs for the remainder of the evening.

If bad: Go on intervals of crying, whinning, more crying, coming to the honest fact that I suck, then proceeding to suck it up, and pulling though with my registration at Kaplan, resigning up fpr an exam ticket with AAMC and then more crying and feeling worthless.

One of my friends had a hilarious idea with regards to her MCAT practice items. She stuffed them all in one huge garbage bag, and she said that if her score is good enough, she can just throw the entire bag out! LOL!

First I would drink excess EtOH.

Second, I would gather all of the MCAT books and practice tests and invite some friends over... I would start a fire and while continously drinking EtOH, drop a page at a time into the fire.

Cheers to that...

although it's likely i'll be taking that krap again in Aug.

OnMyWayThere said:
First I would drink excess EtOH.

Second, I would gather all of the MCAT books and practice tests and invite some friends over... I would start a fire and while continously drinking EtOH, drop a page at a time into the fire.

Cheers to that...

although it's likely i'll be taking that krap again in Aug.

Lol, "EtOH", only a pre-med would refer to Alcohol that way :laugh:, as for retaking it, I'm right there with you, although it's not offical till we get our scores back.

If I do well I'm going to buy a lottery ticket. Who knows, it might be my lucky day :D And if I do poorly I'll buy two lottery tickets because I'll need all the luck I can get :laugh:

Some good ones - I like the stress relief ideas. Some folks have study buddies, maybe some of you can set up stress relief buddies :laugh:

Seriously, though, consider saving your books. I got decent scores when I first took it. I had some TPR MCAT instructor material that I gave back to the local TPR office. This time, when I really needed to study to generate some current scores, I didn't have any material. It turned out good, because it prompted me to take the whole class for the first time, but I was freaking out for awhile.

Keep the materials you have. Everyone's going to get in quickly unlike me the first time, but just in case.... :p

I might have to have some chicken pad thai and a thai iced tea before my Cold Stone trip :D

If I aced it I'm going to a local winery and hosting a Roman-style drunken orgy ("Bacchanalia" or "Roman Carnival") for everyone I know (along with everyone they know).

If I did poorly I'm going to enact my fallback plan- I'll fly to London in August, live with two of my friends who work in the finance industry, and try to find employment as an international man of mystery (I'll probably still have the wine party though)

I think I'll have a little TPR MCAT review bonfire, maybe complete with marshmallows and smores and whatnot. The best part is the plan is not dependant on whether I do well or not, cause I'm sure as hell not going to take that sucker again! To medical school and beyond..... (or perhaps something else if my MCAT scores are awful) :)

MoCookiess said:
I think I'll have a little TPR MCAT review bonfire, maybe complete with marshmallows and smores and whatnot. The best part is the plan is not dependant on whether I do well or not, cause I'm sure as hell not going to take that sucker again! To medical school and beyond..... (or perhaps something else if my MCAT scores are awful) :)

HAHAHA That's a great idea! LOL! BTW, nice screenname :)

MoosePilot said:

Anyone else?

Well it depends on when I get the scores but a friend needs his IPC - and has an L39 jet trainer. So, I might give it to him in it.