From Pharmacy to Medicine in India

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gwen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have a younger cousin who was trying to get into medicine in India, but unfortunately did not have the right support system (despite having good results) and did not get into a medical college. She did her 12th in Jammu. She is now going to Pharmacy school but would still like to try for a medical seat next year. I am actually a 3rd year medicine resident in the USA so know absolutely NOTHING about the process of applying to med school in India but really want to help my cousin. I realize that the competition is tough (I've heard "You can find God in India but not a medical seat") so I'm aware of the difficulties she will face.

But can anyone at least get me started in how to approach the application process? I mean, what schools can she qualify for? How do I find out all this information? Are there websites I can go to for contact info?

I'd appreciate your help!

Thanks a lot!!!

Members don't see this ad.

thank you so much, pinks! it really means a lot to me that you wrote. are you in med school now or are you also trying at this time? either way, good luck to you!