Fresher RCSI-MUB ..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tumor Killer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
heey all ,

I have been accepted into the 6 years program in RCSi - Bahrain :)
I want to know if there is anyone who has been accepted ..for the next year and for ones whom are in the College is it agood place ?? :confused:
because this question is really freaking me out :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Are you able to practice in Ireland or Bahrain in the future ?

heeye thx. for replying
yes i guess i can ..
Are u a student there ???

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard you cant do your internship in Bahrain if youre not from the gulf countries. But Congrats on getting accepted, I hope youll like it here

Hi Tumor Killer! Congrats in getting accepted! You can do your internship in Bahrain, but you will not get paid for the first year simply because you are not Bahraini. It has to do more with the passport you hold than anything else. In Ireland, because they have changed the rule a few years ago (EU is given preference first, then non-EU), you can get internship there, but again, it depends on your passport. It doesnt matter whether you do your degree in Ireland or Bahrain, the internship depends on passport. Hope this helps.

Hi Tumor Killer! Congrats in getting accepted! You can do your internship in Bahrain, but you will not get paid for the first year simply because you are not Bahraini. It has to do more with the passport you hold than anything else. In Ireland, because they have changed the rule a few years ago (EU is given preference first, then non-EU), you can get internship there, but again, it depends on your passport. It doesnt matter whether you do your degree in Ireland or Bahrain, the internship depends on passport. Hope this helps.

How about doing internship in Qatar or UAE ?

Does it still depend on your passport ?

And where did you get those information ? Can you provide sources ? :rolleyes:

How about doing internship in Qatar or UAE ?

Does it still depend on your passport ?

And where did you get those information ? Can you provide sources ? :rolleyes:

Hi Tennisball! The info above is what I have been told by admin/staff or senior students so I dont have sources (and I am not sure how accurate the info is, but I am pretty sure that its close to accurate). Honestly, I havent looked much into Gulf countries or Ireland because I dont plan on going there....

hello,

this is the information i have found out from doctors in Bahrain, from heads of depts at teaching hospital in bahrain and other people. Currently, non Bahrains are NOT accepted to do internships in Bahrain. Exceptions have been made for interns of Arab and GCC nationality. If you ask anyone at the main teaching hospital here they will tell you the same thing. I have also been told that there is alot of red tape when it comes to getting internships here, even Bahrains have a hard time. As far as I know, the RCSI MUB are 'working on' getting internships in Bahrain for the new batch of students that will be graduatinjg in 2010. However, there are at least 30 Arab students in that class who no doubt will get first preference. My message is that non bahraini students should have major contingency plans to do their internships elsewhere.
As for other countries like Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, well non-nationals of these countries can forget internships, THEY JUST DON"T HAVE THEM FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS. if anyone can proove otherwise, please share the info because i have searched and enquired about this extensively and the fact is if you are not a national of those countries they won't accept you as an intern.

Where do you guys do rotains there ? In ireland or in Bharin ?

Internships:

bahrainis- will be able to intern in bahrain.
GCC Arabs- can intern in Bahrain if they get accepted. Otherwise they can try their home countries. However, countries like Saudi arabia still don't accept graduates from rcsi-mub so I don't know what they will do. if there are any saudi students from MUB reading this, please let us know what your posotion back in saudi will be.
Other Arab nationals- may get internships in Bahrain if they are accepted, but will compete with MUB Bahraini graduates as well as AGU graduates (AGU=Arabian Gulf UNIv).
Non Arab nationals- currently are NOT offered internships in Bahrain. So these students MUST plan to intern elsewhere in the world. Other GULF countries are closed off (so forget Abu Dhabi, Dubia, Qatar, Kuwait etc). The only options are the US (USMLE route), UK (virtually impossible now for foreign students, other European countries, Canada (another virtual impossibility due to their strict laws on licensing foreign graduates), etc, etc, etc.

Internships:

bahrainis- will be able to intern in bahrain.
GCC Arabs- can intern in Bahrain if they get accepted. Otherwise they can try their home countries. However, countries like Saudi arabia still don't accept graduates from rcsi-mub so I don't know what they will do. if there are any saudi students from MUB reading this, please let us know what your posotion back in saudi will be.
Other Arab nationals- may get internships in Bahrain if they are accepted, but will compete with MUB Bahraini graduates as well as AGU graduates (AGU=Arabian Gulf UNIv).
Non Arab nationals- currently are NOT offered internships in Bahrain. So these students MUST plan to intern elsewhere in the world. Other GULF countries are closed off (so forget Abu Dhabi, Dubia, Qatar, Kuwait etc). The only options are the US (USMLE route), UK (virtually impossible now for foreign students, other European countries, Canada (another virtual impossibility due to their strict laws on licensing foreign graduates), etc, etc, etc.

Thanks for you comprehensive explanations :D

RCSIMUB-Offered for Pre-Medical program
Can anybody advise how it is advisable for me to accept a Pre Medical. I am an expatraite and does not hold either GCC or Bahrain citizenship
My question is about Intership, Degree value etc