Free Practice PCAT Tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChEStud

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a copy of a free PCAT practice test to take? Help would be greatly appreciated:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Barron's Study guide is only like $15 and has 2 practice tests. However, do not rely on this book for the math portion. The math was much harder on the real thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know any more sites for more free review questions?"

Also trying to find some good pcat review q's for especially integration/differentiation.
Anyone have any advice on the most important techniques or shortcuts to know for integration and differentiation?

Thanks

Does anyone know any more sites for more free review questions?"

Also trying to find some good pcat review q's for especially integration/differentiation.
Anyone have any advice on the most important techniques or shortcuts to know for integration and differentiation?

Thanks

For math, I advocate this free site: http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Problems/CalcI/CalcI.aspx

It gives a quick explanation on how to do algebra and calculus problems, and I linked to an area with a few practice problems for different sections. This site may not be the best if you never learned the material, but I feel like it helped (I got a 79 on the quantitative instead of the 30 I was expecting :p).

Also, don't forget that Kaplan has a free practice test you can sign up for. It's only half as long, and a lot of people think it's harder, but it's probably good for getting a feeling of the timing at least. I understand not wanting to spend a lot on study materials, but if you buy just one thing, I would get the three Pearson practice tests. If you buy three, it's basically buy one get one free.

The Cliffs notes practice tests aren't bad. The math sections are a little off, they focus too much on geometry and simple math and not enough on calculus/pre-calculus which is actually on the PCAT.

I found the biology and chemistry sections to be very helpful, as well as the verbal ability. The reading comprehension subtests were somewhat weak, good practice, but the questions they asked were often times verifying what you read, rather than analyzing what the topic was about, the latter being what's required on the actual test.

Here's a link to where I found a PDF copy of it:

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=281877

And a direct link to the download source:

http://rapidshare.com/files/177736936/_lucky_star__P-C-A-T_Practice_Tests.pdf

^ Thanks for the advice and links. I will definitely be taking the Pearson tests soon, but I just wanted to get in some more practice because I don't have Dr. Collins study guide.

^ Thanks for the advice and links. I will definitely be taking the Pearson tests soon, but I just wanted to get in some more practice because I don't have Dr. Collins study guide.

I can understand if funding is limited, but if you could find a way to purchase Dr. Collins, I would highly recommend it especially if acceptance is riding on a strong PCAT score.

Be sure to check the classified section of the SDN forum. Admittedly, I put up my PCAT practice tests (REA and Barron's) there. But, you might find something for cheap/free there from other people too.

- Daniel