Free 138 correlation ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeahawksFan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am giving the free 138/143 (which replaced the free 150)...
I was wondering if there is any way to correlate it to a 3 digit step score ?
I had read people's experiences on this forum that it could be correlated.. I am not sure how... please can someone help me ? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So i downloaded the file today from the website..

Is this the same as what is administered in the prometric center..if so i plan on not going to the center... Also.. any correlation calculator will be appreciated...

Yes, I just wrote the step 1 three days ago and the software used on the free 132 is literally exactly the same as the real exam.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with sidefx, the real exam felt exactly like the Free 138. I also read it had a good score correlation, but the site that was used to predict based on free 138 was closed down due to lack of funds. You might be able to find old comments on different sites regarding the % and score correlation. Good luck!

Curve is very steep on free-138. In terms of what I've seen on these threads over the years, 93+% is looking at ~260. I had 95% and settled for low-260s. High-80s is probably low-mid-250s. Mid-80s is probably 240s to 250 ballpark. Guy from my school like 8 years ago had 96% and a 276. I also know a guy who had 94% who got a 259. So take these numbers with a grain of salt to be honest.

In isolation the free-138 is very few questions. Taken in conjunction with the NBME exams it's a better predictor.