Fracture Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegoaliedoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
New sports attending here. Getting a lot more fractures in my practice than I saw in residency or fellowship, especially some I've not yet had to manage. I'm extrapolating the best I can, but have had a few where I'm feeling a bit in over my head; I've got colleagues I'm running these by but also want to feel as confident/independent as possible as quick as possible (probably some imposter syndrome at play here). Wondering if anyone can suggest some helpful resources to beef up my skills in a hurry/reference on a case by case basis. I've got a couple of what seem like commonly recommended fracture books, just looking for any other suggestions especially as I have some CME allowance already that needs to be used by end of the year.

Members don't see this ad.

Orthobullets, while not comprehensive, is a great quick resource if you just need to remind yourself on acceptable angulation or spacing. Definitely not the source to lay the foundation, but good for filling in cracks that you forgot (or just don't have space to remember). Great when I was starting out and was pretty sure that buckle fracture with 20 degrees was going to turn out ok, but wanted to reassure myself before telling a mom that. :)

Don't be afraid to talk to colleagues either, that is very helpful if you didn't get the chance in fellowship your first time seeing fractures through.

Reactions: 1 user
Follow up to this - I have some CME funds I need to use by the end of the year. Does anyone have recommendations on an online resource which would cover fracture management principles I could spend this on?