Foreign trained dentist HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USMCdentist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of a foreign trained dentist being awarded an HPSP scholarship?

I'm a U.S citizen and prior service with the Marines. I utilized my G.I bill to attend and graduate dental school in the Dominican Republic , I was just accepted into a 28 month dental advancel standing program here in the states.

I've reached out to an Army recruiter who said he would look into it, but have yet to hear back. No luck getting a Navy or AF recruiter on the phone, any help or guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of a foreign trained dentist being awarded an HPSP scholarship?

You wouldn't be the first. This has happened several times in the past. The application packet actually looks better (provided you meet all criteria) . In the past the others have arrived to HPSP having already past both parts of the NDBE...

Members don't see this ad :)
You wouldn't be the first. This has happened several times in the past. The application packet actually looks better (provided you meet all criteria) . In the past the others have arrived to HPSP having already past both parts of the NDBE...

Thanks for the input, I have already passed both bords and have an acceptance letter from a US dental school. I'll keep trying to reach a recruiter. Thanks again!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys,

I'm a U.S citizen and prior service with the Marines. I utilized my G.I bill to attend and graduate dental school in the Dominican Republic , I was just accepted into a 28 month dental advancel standing program here in the states.

I've reached out to an Army recruiter who said he would look into it, but have yet to hear back. No luck getting a Navy or AF recruiter on the phone, any help or guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Hey, I’m kinda going through the same situation as you now.
Any luck on getting HPSP with the Army?
Also 28 months is that at UIC?
Regards,
Shafie