Foreign Doctor Job opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kesha17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My father got his MBBS, MS from India, He is been practicing for more then 30 years. He has now moved to USA (he is permanent resident of USA) and want to work in field related to medicine. He is 52 and going through the process of USMLE or studying for more than 6 months is not an option. Can you please suggest what other jobs he can do? Any thing like teaching or research is fine.

I work in finance field and have no idea about medical field. Your help is really appreciated

Thank you.
Kesha Patel

Members don't see this ad.

yes, he is considering other options

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

My father got his MBBS, MS from India, He is been practicing for more then 30 years. He has now moved to USA (he is permanent resident of USA) and want to work in field related to medicine. He is 52 and going through the process of USMLE or studying for more than 6 months is not an option. Can you please suggest what other jobs he can do? Any thing like teaching or research is fine.

I work in finance field and have no idea about medical field. Your help is really appreciated

Thank you.
Kesha Patel

If he has experience in research he can apply to some academic research labs as a post doc or research personnel.

If he wants to practice medicine, has to do the whole USMLE examination and apply to be a trainee (residency) in the USA

SOmetimes depending on his specialization (or credentials) he can look for a job with pharmaceutical companies

Members don't see this ad :)
He might find a spot as an instructor at the undergraduate level - anatomy and physiology, stuff like that. At his age he's probably not going to be considered for anything tenure track, but adjunct at a community college or satellite campus of. university system isn't the worst thing in the world. Money's not Ortho God Money or Oprah Money but the workload isn't terrible either.

He can be a medical assistant because i highly doubt that his mbbs degree work there