For those who took the exam: Why do people find CCS hard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theRainmaker78

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The practice cases on USMLE world seem to be pretty straightforward as far as the diagnosis is concerned. Best management can be hit or miss, but one can usually figure out how to make the patient better using whatever concepts we've developed till now.

What surprises me is the number of people who come of the exam and complain about how hard the CCS was. What is it about the actual test cases that is so difficult? Am I underestimating how important sequence is, and overestimating how beneficial good overall patient results are? Any tips for soon to be test takers.

Members don't see this ad.

It's really not that hard. The cases I had were all very straightforward. There were a few curveballs in terms of patients not consenting, etc., but overall, the presentations were very straightforward. I'm sure there will be times when you don't order things in the perfect order or do something somewhat out of ideal order, but I doubt that makes a big difference, especially if you take care of the big things.